Ethiopian WOI Updated Aircraft Fleet?

AidenMillar

Hey guys,

So I'm a WOI (world of ai) user, and Ethiopian Airline is one of my favorite airlines. Does anyone know where I can find updated WOI Aircraft for their fleet? Such as the B777-200LR, B777-300ER, and B787-800 for AI purposes that work with WOI? I can create the flight plans for the aircraft, I'm just wondering if anyone has clue as to where I can find the Ethiopian AI versions of those aircraft for use in the EThiopian fleet.

-Aiden

Hi Mr.Zippy,

So I've downloaded the aircraft that I want to install in my game. Now how do I install the aircraft into my flight simulator so that I can create flight plans with them? Because I went to my flight plan creator thing, brought up all the AI Aircraft in my flight simulator, and the aircraft I just downloaded didn't show up. Can you please help me?

-Aiden

Hi Mr.Zippy,

So I've downloaded the aircraft that I want to install in my game. Now how do I install the aircraft into my flight simulator so that I can create flight plans with them? Because I went to my flight plan creator thing, brought up all the AI Aircraft in my flight simulator, and the aircraft I just downloaded didn't show up. Can you please help me?

-Aiden

You need to use a utility such as TTools or the more up to date AIFP

You dont use TTools or AIFP to put an aircraft in the sim.

To add aircraft you need to place the base model package in the FS9 aircraft folder, then add the ethiopian texture folder and the fltsim.X entries to the base model aircraft.cfg file. The readme will tell you where to get the base model.

TTools/AIFP are for creating flightplans. I believe they have detailed instructions.

Ok ALL HANDS ON DECK FOR THIS. :D

SO......I downloaded: Base models, put the correct Livery text with it's correct base model aircraft.cfg...now comes the cheese.

THE PROBLEM: TTOOLs.

I've about had it with this!

Ok so, what I did was I went and decompiled the aircraft,airport,and flight plan default txts on TTOOLs. I went to the aircraft folder, and added right after #59 this:

#60,482, "Qatar_Boeing 777 blah blah ect.." get the picture?

So after I got to #80, I SAVED IT. Ok so I go back to TTOOLS and originally it says that there are #59 Aircraft when you decompile it...well I clicked Decompile: IT STILL SAYS THAT THERE ARE #59 Aircraft! I went and decompiled it again, opened the aircraft folder: AND FOUND ALL MY WORK DELETED. I SAVED IT AND EVERYTHING!!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong???? PLEASE HELP!

Stressed,

-Aiden

So after I got to #80, I SAVED IT. Ok so I go back to TTOOLS and originally it says that there are #59 Aircraft when you decompile it...well I clicked Decompile: IT STILL SAYS THAT THERE ARE #59 Aircraft! I went and decompiled it again, opened the aircraft folder: AND FOUND ALL MY WORK DELETED. I SAVED IT AND EVERYTHING!!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong???? PLEASE HELP!

Stressed,

-Aiden

Did you recompile the traffic .bgl in TTools after saving your changes in Notepad?

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

The FS9 Folder is in the program files folder...

This is probably your problem. Windows protects that folder making file edits in that folder harder.

Better to not have FS installed in that folder.

How do I compile to my desktop?

File > User Defined Traffic Folder...

Never argue with idiots.

Hey guys,

Ok here's the situation. So I added the new aircraft to the default aircraft list, I made some flight plans, everything is good, TTOOLS compiled the folders, everything's gold good....NOW, when I went to go load my flight simulator, it loaded the new flight plans and everything..but then when I went to Bole Int. to a specific time to see if my new AI Dreamliners and 777's would appear: THERE WAS NOTHING. I went and checked in the one Flight Planner program I use to create flight plans that WOI doesn't have for certaiin airlines. When it loaded all the aircraft in my FS2004 (including AI), none of the new AI Aircraft showed up. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?? PLEASE HELP!

-Aiden

It sounds like you do not have the AI planes installed properly.

What flight planner program are you using?

Remember that flight plan times are GMT, not local.

You need 3 things for AI to show up at an airport.

1) the planes properly installed in the sim

2) a compiled flight plan that correctly calls the installed planes

3) enough properly sized parking to accommodate all of the AI sent to that airport.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

I installed the AI Aircraft base models into the main FS9 Aircraft folder. Is that right?

That is a start.

Did the base models include all of the liveries for airlines you have traffic files for?

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Archived