GPS mode for Boeing 777 and Boeing 747?

AidenMillar

Hey guys,

Well I'm back again with more questions :P . So my problem is not having a GPS mode in any of my Boeing 777 and 747 aircraft on fs2004. My Boeing 787 although have it, and its so amazing, cause all I have to do is: Nav+GPS Mode: BOOM! Plane stays on its flight route, I don't have to touch a thing. With all my other aircraft though, I constantly have to change the heading on the "heading hold" switch cause the other aircraft I have don't have the GPS mode. Could you guys tell me though if my Boeing 777's and 747's have GPS mode and I'm missing it? Or do I need to download new panels?

Sincerely,

-Aiden

Are you using the default panels?

If not, which ones are you using?

If so, they both have a NAV/GPS switch on them.

Capture.JPG

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

No, you have to either make a Flight Plan with something like the FS Flight Planner included with the Sim, or set a Direct to point before the GPS can "fly the plane" for you. You must also set the altitude you want to fly at and, if so inclined, the autothrottle to maintain the desired velocity. It's not a "magic co-pilot". You still have a lot of work to do.

You must also set the descent rate come the time, control the speeds, reset the altimeter as you pass through 18,000' (In North America), select the correct approach for the proper runway, and so on, and so on...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

man... I didn't know people still fly with defaults... in FS9!

LOL, not everyone goes "hard-core", some are happy with just that, others are barely at the beginning of their FS "career". As a matter of fact, I was thinking these days about making a flight with only default a/c and scenery, just for fun, to remember the good ol' days when I first started simming, when I could barely keep the bird in the air.:D

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Or do I need to download new panels?

Sincerely,

-Aiden

I can see that's going real well for you in your 747-8 new panel thread. Have you figured out how to open your aircraft.cfg yet and change the panel=

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Memories aside, I never flew with the default only because the graphics were too bad for me. I immediately started to download a bunch of freeware because I was curious but obviously i deleted that install as it got too cluttered. Point is, you can enjoy the hobby to the fullest without spending anything. There is quality airports for free, quality aircraft such as Tinmouse 737, SCS Tu-134, PT Tu-154, An-24... Maybe a few western planes too that I don't remember right now.

Archived