Problem with draw distance?

Atomic824

I have good machine to run FSX...

PC: 6GB RAM, Nvidia GTX650 1GB, i5 3470 3,2 GHz

Your RAM quantity is OK, do not know about it's quality.

Your card could be better. General consensus seems to be at least a n60 or n70 at a minimum.

3.2GHz means you will have to find a compromise between quality and performance.

FSX was written at a time when it was believed that we would soon be seeing CPUs running in the 6-8GHz range.

Those chips have not been released and it is doubtful they ever will.

The folks getting the best FSX performance have overclocked chips running >4.4GHz.

Anything less means turning down the display settings and being careful in your decisions about what planes to fly and what scenery to fly them to/over.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

FSX was written at a time when it was believed that we would soon be seeing CPUs running in the 6-8GHz range.

Those chips have not been released and it is doubtful they ever will.

peace,

the Bean

I'm curious....what do you think would be the main reason why Intel, for instance, isn't producing a chip with default speeds of 5 Ghz range already? I have often wondered about it and would like to know your thoughts. Heat issues perhaps?

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

I'm curious....what do you think would be the main reason why Intel, for instance, isn't producing a chip with default speeds of 5 Ghz range already? I have often wondered about it and would like to know your thoughts. Heat issues perhaps?

Silicon limitations has been reached.

Cheers,

"Silicon limitations has been reached."

There have been recent advances with conductors and insulators, but I don't think they've made it to mass production techniques yet. I takes a while to discover if the new stuff can withstand many years of hard use. Old dogs don't die, they just don't run fast enough.

-Pv-

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

On top of the technological limits mentioned, power consumption and efficiency are much larger factors these days. While current CPUs are more than powerful enough for most people and uses, more and more people are moving to laptops, tablets, smartphones and other portable computing formats. A large part of the gaming world has also moved to specialized consoles and smartphones. High performance desktops won't disappear, by they are becoming a minority. For those looking for performance, there are options such as multiple cores or GPGPU (ie. CUDA or OpenCL), at least for the cases these are suitable for (ie. not old software like FSX obviously).

Archived