Captain Sim 757 Autothrottles

wwhiteside

Do you have this problem when you perform the same action on any other aircraft?

As Sampa mentioned, unexpected panel controls in complex aircraft could be due to operational requirements.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

You can waste a lot of people's time and effort going through all the old stuff over and over when you start new threads on the same topic.

It's better to continue posting in the original topic.

I would think 6 months is enough time to get tech support from the vendor.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?279563-Captain-Sim-757-Auto-throttle-issue

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

You guys ever get the A/T to work on the CS 757. Ive not had any luck with their support system. Mine just go to full and never respond to any command.

What exact 'command' are you trying to make work? AT works fine here.

I've been flying the QW757 for a couple years now and flew the plane in "real life" for many more. I won't detail my problems with the QW version regarding the autopilot/autothrottle features because they seemed to be different every flight and made no sense. Sometimes rebooting FS helped, sometimes not. The service packs have helped but the QW product is still undependable in my opinion.

I love the sound, look and flight characteristics, but aside from flying it for fun in good weather, I revert to my Level D or PMDG products if I want to do something serious.

What exact 'command' are you trying to make work? AT works fine here.

PPSFA, I'm trying to get the A/T to respond to another mode after EPR stands the throttles up to commanded EPR on T/O. If I hit VNAV or FLCH after departure, the throttles just stay at full. Its a real goat rope and not responding to commands.

PPSFA, I'm trying to get the A/T to respond to another mode after EPR stands the throttles up to commanded EPR on T/O. If I hit VNAV or FLCH after departure, the throttles just stay at full. Its a real goat rope and not responding to commands.

If I get some time this weekend I will take a look, I havent flown the CS in a while, and I use VNAV or speed mode normally. FLCH should hold whatever speed you are at when it is engaged and VNAV should fly the segment speed in the FMC.

The way we used the FMC and MCP in real world flying was EPR takeoff then selected FLCH or VNAV. FLCH was the most common selection after EPR which opened the speed window and you would bug the speed up and retract the flaps on schedule. I have not had it work right yet. We selected an EPR reduction in there somewhere as well.

What it does after takeoff is that after trying to select another mode from EPR mode for takeoff, the throttles just keep trying to go to maximum Thrust Lever Angle it seems.

When I have felt like the A/T's were responding to the VNAV once or twice, it flies 15 tp 20 KIAS faster than MCP speed and then will not respond to a change in MCP programming like going from ECON to MAX or going to a subsequent mode like FLCH. It just looks at you and wont respond.

Am I supposed to be using my autothrottle engage commands or any other commands in FSX?

The way we used the FMC and MCP in real world flying was EPR takeoff then selected FLCH or VNAV. FLCH was the most common selection after EPR which opened the speed window and you would bug the speed up and retract the flaps on schedule. I have not had it work right yet. We selected an EPR reduction in there somewhere as well.

What it does after takeoff is that after trying to select another mode from EPR mode for takeoff, the throttles just keep trying to go to maximum Thrust Lever Angle it seems.

When I have felt like the A/T's were responding to the VNAV once or twice, it flies 15 tp 20 KIAS faster than MCP speed and then will not respond to a change in MCP programming like going from ECON to MAX or going to a subsequent mode like FLCH. It just looks at you and wont respond.

Am I supposed to be using my autothrottle engage commands or any other commands in FSX?

I just tried it using your method and it seemed to work ok here....

CS 757 VNAV2.jpg

CS757 FLCH2.jpg

PPSFA, are you using ANY FSX commands like Auto Throttle engage or Go Around, etc?

Or are you able to do it all with point and click on the panel or VC?

Thanks! I am determined to fix this as I really like the idea of it working correctly. Thanks and any comments are appreciated.

WW

PPSFA, are you using ANY FSX commands like Auto Throttle engage or Go Around, etc?

Or are you able to do it all with point and click on the panel or VC?

Thanks! I am determined to fix this as I really like the idea of it working correctly. Thanks and any comments are appreciated.

WW

I use the 2D cockpit, and just use the mouse for the MCP, FMC etc, about the only keyboard command I use is SHIFT+/ to arm the speed brakes (because I cant get them to work otherwise). To be honest I havent flown the CS much since I got the QW 757, those 'runaway' numbers on the MCP drove me nuts :-)

What runaway numbers? The overspeed?

No, when clicking on any MCP numbers window to change a number, instead of the numbers changing per click, they sometimes just keep rolling and wont stop. It's really the only problem I ever had with the CS planes.

Archived