Is SLI or Triple head to go faster?

Perhaps I can find some help here... I am trying to run 6 screens on 2 Nvidea 780 cards as follows: 3 on a triplehead2go unit dvi on card 1. I have a spare DVI and HDMI on this card that I plan to use (expansion) for a touchscreen overhead and pedestal. I have a second 780 where I have 2x19" monitors that I want to run my PMDG undocked displays on... But I cannot for the life of me get the 2x 19" monitors to work.... SLI or no SLI, the things just won't come up. They are recognized, and in the nvidea utility I can select all monitors through "Activate all displays", but then when I hit apply - no joy. Windows does not see them either. Both cards are recognized by win 7.... The triplehead2go works just fine.... Any ideas??? I can post pictures of the issue if need be. Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...
You can physically set up the screens any way you wish. This has nothing to do with the video cards, SLI, or TH2Go.

JSKORNA, I purchased a 4th monitor and in the NVIDIA software I can add it over the top of my center screen. How do I bring that above the canopy bow view up in FSX on the 4th screen(UPPER CENTER).

Thanks

JSKORNA, thank you.

QUESTION 1: Does that mean I do not set the monitors up in NVIDIA in SLI mode as 1 monitor?

If so, QUESTION 2: When I go into FSX what is the procedure for building this virtual cockpit by creating a new window, dragging it and getting it to save for the next time?

I'm just not quite understanding how to set that up. I can see having the initial normal VC window on screen 1 then I have a monitor on its left, right and above it.

QUESTION 3: If I create a new window, drag it up above screen 1(call the this monitor screen 4) I would select Virtual Cockpit. Now I have VC on screen 1 and screen 4 above it. How do I get them to work together and not just the same view on both?

Thank you very much, this procedure has m=not been understood by me EVER!

:)

Will

SLI and the TripleHead2Go are not the same thing. SLI is about using multiple video cards together to improve performance, while the TH2Go is just about spreading one image across multiple monitors. The equivalent Nvidia technology to the TH2Go is their Surround feature. Some Nvidia cards can run a Surround setup with a single card, while others need 2, or more, in SLI.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround/system-requirements (they have a configuration tool here for some setup help)

I haven't set this up myself, so you will need to do some more research on how to set it up.

Archived