Why Is FSX Lagging.

Airbusmad

Hi all

I'm a very keen FSX player and i really want to get lots of scenery and pay-ware aircraft, but I have FSX in its defualt state and it seems to be quiet laggy so I don't want to buy any addons, I was wondering of either:

1. Anyone Is Selling A Cheap Intel Core I7

or

2.If anyone can help me fix this issue.

My specs are:

AMD FX™-4130 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz

8.00 GB RAM (7.98 GB usable)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

64 bit operating system

Many Thanks

Myles

Myles,

How old is this machine? I have an Asus with an AMD FX-8600, I think. I've upgraded the video card a couple times. It's quite useable most of the time. Most likely, you can't do much about the CPU and RAM should be OK. How much memory is on the video card?

Glenn

...but I have FSX in its defualt state and it seems to be quiet laggy...

Does that mean just no add-ons or does it mean also the default graphics/display settings that were set at install time? Laggy performance, on a halfway decent machine, usually indicates that the settings sliders need to be slid more to the left, that you're asking too much of your machine. Water setting, is one that can really affect your performance. Also, is this "laggy" performance in New York City or LA, or is it in a small town, or perhaps out in the boonies. Also, how much AI traffic do you have running? Too much can kill performance.

There are, of course, several sets of "tweaks" out there that you can try, too. I might also note that it's easy to have multiple display settings available, by saving your current settings under a name you'll remember, then changing settings 'til your performance is decent where you and save that one, too.

I have several performance settings saved, one for big city, one for high country (mountains of Colorado), one for midwest small towns, etc. It's quick and easy to make those changes, and there's no financial cost nor is there anything to install.

Another factor is the aircraft you are using. Some aircraft are more demanding on your system than others are, so perhaps you can modify settings to accompany specific aircraft.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Intel Core I7 cannot be installed on an AMD motherboard socket.

Bruce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

Archived