Fatal Error on Exit

usb777

FSX crashed on exit with REX weather running. Here is the log:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x02c45480

Faulting process id: 0x147c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d035d005f59922

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Any ideas what happened? I really run a clean program but you know things happen. I thought this exception code has something to do with the textures.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Ignore this. As long as FS doesn't crash while you are using it, there is absolutely no harm from this. A crash dialog can happen after you close FS for no reason you can do anything about except not to over-clock or run unstable programs in the modules folder. Again no harm if the crash occurs after you close the program yourself. your computer is not harmed, files are not damaged, and FS will start up fine the next time. This may continue to happen randomly. You may get 10 a day or not do it for weeks.

Almost all of us are running FS on computers and OS combinations FS was never coded for or tested on 8 years ago. We are happy it works at all.

-Pv-

Tags: random crash close FSX

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Thanks, I do like to learn as much to why because I do play around with the program though not as much as SX which I really tweak to get the most out of it. I think Rex might have had something to do with it this time. I don't like to use the REX weather to much anyway.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I decided on nothing. I only asked for what others might think. After posting I read the bottom threads. As for as your two cents pvarn, I found it useless. Thanks anyway. I been flying since 1995 Have you ever gotten off the ground? At least offer something constructive OK?

Mike G.

I have that situation also with the fatal error upon closing FSX. I don't let it bother me and I found while perusing the Intersquawk several posts blaming ORBX for the problem.

It can be ignored.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks, It seems to have been a random thing. I was just searching for opinions.

Mike G.

You have started a new thread on the same topic. Please keep using this one, not the old one just because you don't like the answers.

"I just looked at my FSUICP and I have 4.934 I believe and just downloaded the 4.938. Would this have anythig to do with it and showed I update my FSUIPC? "

You should always be using latest FSUIPC (A I always have) but will not fix.

FSX boxed does not run perfect on new OSes and never will because its code cannot be changed. Fixating on this problem will only lead to frustration. Your computer, nor FSX is harmed in any way by this. Just be glad it run without crashing while you are in the sim. That's the best you can expect.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

It is NOT the SAME!!!

Mike G.

This thread:

Fatal Error on Exit

FSX crashed on exit

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?286979-Faulting-module-path-C-"Faulting module name: g3d.dl

First Time ever. Only happened the one time. I was closing and opening the program a lot doing some modifications"

G3D is DirectX. Crashes on exiting can be caused by different reasons or several reasons all happening at the same time. The error reporter only reports the first one which trips the crash report.

If your directx was REALLY at fault, you would not even be able to get into the sim or run it for more than a few seconds, so again...

Random crash dialogs when YOU command the program to exit are unavoidable for most of us because of the age of the program running on unsupported operating systems.

IF...

1) Your graphics driver is DX9 compatible, nothing you can do.

2) Your system is STABLE (no OC on CPU or Video card) nothing you can do.

3) Your computer is not over-heating, nothing you can do.

If you are expecting FSX will NEVER EVER crash on exit, then you are chasing ghosts.

-Pv-

I always expect crashes. I only like to learn what can cause them so that I might avoid them if possible as well as narrow them down in the event they might be serious. Something other then the FSX program itself as well as fixing something within the program I might have screwed up. Any harm in that? Thank you though for the info.

Mike G.

More than one person in both these threads reported to you random crashes on exit are to be expected and not caused by you, so you cannot do anything to keep them from happening short of the points I already outlined.

If however YOU caused the crash and there IS something you should or could do about it, it would happen EVERY TIME and the cause would be the same EVERY TIME, with neither of them being random.

Spend less time burning a hole in the sim with a magnifying glass and more time enjoying what works about it and you have more fun. If you are looking for faults, there are more to come. You've only scratched the surface so far. You'll be finding several items a month for a year or so and still you'll not see them all.

Look at the untold THOUSANDS of threads created here every year people asking for help for one thing or another. Can you even count the number of different things people complain about? Impossible.

-Pv-

Missing the point. One time I had a consistent crash. Took me a week of going through over 800 traffic files but I found it. An AI aircraft. To me it's all part of the fun anyway. My only regret is that I don't still have my old 1995 Microsoft Flight Simulator to play around with as well. Never new enough then to crash the program.

Mike G.

Archived