Boeing 747-8 Panel Problem!

AidenMillar

Hey guys,

So I downloaded the Boeing 747-8 Widescreen Panel for my two 747-8 beauties (South African, and Lufthansa). So I followed the instructions correctly and everything. But when I started up fs2004 and fired up the plane, I still had the default 747 panel. The default 747 panel doesn't work really all that well with both of my planes. Is there anything THAT I am doing wrong? Please help!

Regards,

-Aiden

Excuse me for looking stupid, but what is the "panel ="? And where can I find it?

Well, that kinda answers our concerns. Look in your aircraft.cfg file for that line. It will look something like this:

[fltsim.0]

title=Boeing 747-400 Paint1

sim=Boeing747-400

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=1

kb_checklists=Boeing747-400_check

kb_reference=Boeing747-400_ref

atc_id=N747K

atc_airline=Boeing

atc_flight_number=1123

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

ui_type="747-400"

ui_variation="Boeing livery"

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

description="More than 30 years ago, the 747 made its first trip from New York to London. Since then, it's become the standard by which other large passenger jets are judged. Its size, range, speed and capacity were then, and are now, the best in its class."

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Mr.Zippy,

I opened my aircraft.cfg and there was nothing there? Am i opening something wrong? Am I looking in the wrong place? Where can I change the "panel=" to "panel=WH"?

Open the Aircraft folder for that particular plane. Now open the aircaft.cfg file and you should see something like what I showed.

I opened the aircraft.cfg....and nothing shows up?

OK, What exact 747-8 did you download and add that panel to. If it came from here then please list the filename, if it came from another site, list a link.

Also, did you open the aircraft.cfg using NotePad?

@Mr.Zippy,

If you click on this link, the third one down (FS2004 Boeing 747-8i Wide Screen Panel) is the one I downloaded. Also, I have not tried to open the aircraft.cfg with notepad...maybe thats the problem!

Sincerely,

-Aiden

I didn't mean what panel you downloaded, but the Aircraft! Right-click on the aircraft.cfg and open it with NotePad.

I downloaded the FS9/FSX Lufthansa 747-8 Aircraft and the Boeing 747-8 SAA aircraft. Both of these aircraft are from this sight.

Oh and now I have a new problem with the panel. Ok so I went and I changed both of panel= in both of the aircraft to "panel=WH" but now I have a problem. So I went to go load my aircraft, and now there's no panel at all. Help please?

I downloaded the FS9/FSX Lufthansa 747-8 Aircraft and the Boeing 747-8 SAA aircraft. Both of these aircraft are from this sight.

Oh and now I have a new problem with the panel. Ok so I went and I changed both of panel= in both of the aircraft to "panel=WH" but now I have a problem. So I went to go load my aircraft, and now there's no panel at all. Help please?

The FS2004 wide panel may not be compatible with the FSX/FS2004 aircraft. Try it in a FS2004 747.

Aircraft.cfg, and Panel.cfg files are basic, Notepad-type text files, and should be opened as such. If you use other things, like third party softwares for Rich Text Documents, or whatever, they can add-in lines and/or symbols that can mess up the file.

And remember: ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make a backup of ANY file you want to edit BEFORE you start.

Just a subtle hint :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived