graphic card question

Just read Nick the bible.

He states that the new AMD graphics cards won't support the old code that FSX was wrote in. I have just bought a xfx r9 270x card which is AMD.

is there any emulator software that would allow this card to work with fsx old code. Or is the the graphical difference negligible?

And not worth worrying about

He states that the new AMD graphics cards won't support the old code that FSX was wrote in. I have just bought a xfx r9 270x card which is AMD.

is there any emulator software that would allow this card to work with fsx old code. Or is the the graphical difference negligible?

And not worth worrying about

NVidia Graphics cards are the preferred cards to use for FSX. Since you have the AMD card, I would go ahead and try it. Make sure you have the correct drivers for it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That's complete nonsense. Games aren't written in low level languages where the generation of a video card makes a difference. DirectX is DirectX. The only differences is you are going to get a color closer to what the developer wanted because everyone tends to use Nvidia.

It also isn't what Nick was talking about, the OP misunderstood what he said. AMD hasn't cared about FSX in a very long time and stopped doing any testing with, or any optimizations, for the sim. If there is an issue with new Radeon drivers and FSX, they won't do anything about it. Nvidia, on the other hand, did provide fixes for FSX for at least a few years longer. Not sure if they still do though.

Thanks guys for pointing my error out there. It's put my mind at ease. So it will still give as good graphics as the same spec nvidia card? Alaskan crab not sure what you mean by going to get a colour closer to what the developer wanted quite means.

Thanks guys for pointing my error out there. It's put my mind at ease. So it will still give as good graphics as the same spec nvidia card? Alaskan crab not sure what you mean by going to get a colour closer to what the developer wanted quite means.

Basically you end up using the same "camera" as the designer. It's closer to what they feel the final product should look like. OrbX even goes a step further and uses ENB to adjust the colors.

Archived