Fsx Crasjes in Windows 8.1

joeenzone

I have a new computer that I purchased for gaming and it has Windows 8.1 Operating System. I loaded FSX Deluxe Edition and then the separate Acceleration Expansion Pack. When I launch the game it runs for a minute or two and then it freezes up. I tried installing it in a different directory and still no success. Anybody have this type of problem that they have worked through. I will welcome any advise or suggestions.

" I tried installing it in a different directory"

This technique does not solve crash problems and is a waste of time using it for that.

As MZ says, until we see the Event Viewer report, you will not get any progress on this.

"Anybody have this type of problem that they have worked through."

If you use the forum search tool, you'll see thousands of messages just like yours and the solutions they have applied. Most of these problems are unique to the user's decisions they made, software and add-ons they use and settings. There is rarely a one size fits all for crashes. The good news is it's not the fault of FS or the OS, but the decision you made and how you are using your computer.

The only exception to this is the uiautomationcore.dll fix problem with is typical on 64 bit computers where they do not crash right away.

-Pv-

Tags: Event Viewer Win8 crash FSX Acceleration upgrade

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

• 2 weeks later...

"The only exception to this is the uiautomationcore.dll fix problem with is typical on 64 bit computers where they do not crash right away."

This DLL has been crashing on my FSX that I just installed the other day. Is there a solution to this? There hasn't been a specific pattern of behaviour.

jimboa,

Very often the search function (top of page) is extremely usefull. This one is harder to search for maybe. (Probably mostly questions, not many posts with links as answers.)

There is an explanation and links in post #5 in this thread:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?278401-Need-Technical-Help-With-CTD-Problems&highlight=SysWow64+folders

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events in the source column will be for your CTD.

Highlight them with the mouse and look below.

On the General Tab will be a synopsis of that highlighted/selected event.

Look for the Faulting module name:

If you are getting UIAutomationcore.dll errors, put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs.

If UIAutomationcore.dll is not the faulting module that won't help.

Paul, That thread you linked only confused me. What was your point? Tags?...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

I ve got new PC with i7 and Windows 8.1.Rise of Flight last version works very well,but there are problems with FSX+acc.packault air.Many of functions on overmenu line dont work.FSX just crash if you active for ex."map" But it is possible to change things via startmenu. Only default aircraft work. Not the adon. But graphics are superb!Any help?

Archived