is FS2002 still worth buying?

vride1

I have an average home laptop, so I think running FSX properly is out of the question. My thought was to get FS2004, but FS2002 is dirt cheap and I don't know if even FS2004 will hold up well in the computer. So basically, how different is FS2002 versus 2004? Any real difference? I can certainly consider add-ons to enhance terrain and buildings also.

VERY new to this - like 1 week new!- so please consider that I may not know what I'm talking about! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
FS2004 is far superior to FS2002, they're still "from the same planet", but there are big differences. A few examples of things present in FS2004 and absent in FS2002: 3D clouds, real-world weather, localized weather, as well as major improvements over FS2002. Not to mention the POTENTIAL of FS2004, it can be immensely improved/upgraded with the help of FS2004-only addons, way past the technological boundaries of FS2002. With FS2004, you'll eventually get to be able to do things you simply cannot do in FS2002, in all aspects of the simulation process, no matter what you use to upgrade your FS2002. BUT...if your laptop/PC can't run FS2004 with reasonable framerates, you'll end up "simming 'cuz you have to", it'll be anything but pleasure. So if your PC could satisfactorily handle FS2004, go for it, or if you think you'll get a more powerful rig anytime soon, otherwise, there's no point in getting a superior software that you can't use. But yes, there ARE BIG differences between them. As for FSX, I tend to agree with mooneybravodes, "broken from the start" which is a problem...unless you're OK with most of your time spent in front of the sim-PC being dedicated to FSX maintenance.
kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Archived