Any ideas on Carriers and aircraft in FX

highnote

I've been trying to utilize FX and carriers to develop more opportunities to fly various carrier aircraft on to the decks of

downloads which include the Enterprise and the Charles De Gaulle. The MSFS has the missions part which really inhibits using different aircraft in the repertory. I went onto the French site http://www.mirage4fs and was impressed but with my

French as a working language my success was limited.

So what is the best way to utilize FX and get into making approaches in any weather or situation?

Thanks to all,

Highnote

I am going to presume, for the sake of argument, you mean FSX? Not just FX? If so, look up the little program aicarriers (aicarriers2.zip), then, once it's installed and running, find Carrier06 (which does, in fact, work in FSX, I checked), and anything else you can find having to do with "carrier", like uss_nimitz_ike_version2.zip for example. Including ARCab etc.

THEN, go to http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.555.html and get his FSXBA 2012 and the update 15.2, all linked in the forum there. No registration required. Best FA-18c available on the net, bar none. Additionally, Dino Cattaneo has an F-14D to die for, a T-45, and others. All superb. There are also a huge collection of Naval prop jobs, just the F-4U, F8F, etc etc. and a few straight-deck boats all over the net. I tend to stick to FlightSim, Simviation, and Avsim for my choices, other than the two I specified. It just saves me a lot of google time.

Get it allllll installed and going in FSX, then go flying to the carrier of your choice, in the bird of your choice, in either reral world weather, or, you guessed it, the weather of your choice and the time of day of your choice.

More confused yet?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Iris Simulations has for free download a number of beautifully made, beautifully detailed, beautifully textured carrier aircraft, all the way from WWII to current. Whether their F-14 Tomcat is "better" than Dino's is of course a matter of personal opinion, but I will insist that it is much "better" textured, in that Dino's F-14 textures are very dark and greatly lacking in shadow detail.

Also, and this is very important when you first start carrier landings in rough weather, there is available for the Iris F-14 an FDE that will allow you to land on the carrier, nose up, at less than 100 knots. As a third choice, there is another very good F-14 made by a Japanese simmer whose name I don't recall.

I concur with Pat that carriers06 and either Arrcab or RCBCO is the way to go. Again, the difference between them is mainly personal choice, but there seem to be some aircraft that work better with one rather than the other. Since you mention all-weather approaches, RCBCO gives you a superb heads-up display that shows ALL the information you need to make for a totally blind landing. Finally, RCBCO gives you an excellent sound-barrier visual effect that is simplicity itself to install.

More, I will pass on advice that I received in the FS9 forum. If you simply search for "stealth" you will find a number of current and near-future stealth (duh!) aircraft that either are already carrier landable, or can be easily made so.

Finally, on a different matter, if you are into scenery, there are a number of very beautifull made static ships that you can incorporate into your carrier fleet. And don't forget smoke effects and ship's wakes.

Steve from Mudgee

PS. Uhh, did you make a typo? The web site is http://www.mirage4fs.com/ and it is in English :D

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Iris Simulations has for free download a number of beautifully made, beautifully detailed, beautifully textured carrier aircraft, all the way from WWII to current. Whether their F-14 Tomcat is "better" than Dino's is of course a matter of personal opinion, but I will insist that it is much "better" textured, in that Dino's F-14 textures are very dark and greatly lacking in shadow detail.

Also, and this is very important when you first start carrier landings in rough weather, there is available for the Iris F-14 an FDE that will allow you to land on the carrier, nose up, at less than 100 knots. As a third choice, there is another very good F-14 made by a Japanese simmer whose name I don't recall.

Kuzori Ito and Team FS KBT, iirc :) They have several aircraft, FA-18E/F/and G models for example.

And while you may well be right about the textures from Iris, Steve, I don't really pay a lot of attention to how a bird looks, as much as how it flies, and I am a fan of Dino :) Personal preference, probably, I don't have any hard data to back it up. Just me, I'm sure.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

• 5 months later...

Depends on the plane you are using. The FSX BA Hornet, and Dino's F-14 and T-45, all have an updated HUD add-on available that will put up a steering arrow indicating approximately where the carrier is beyond about 5 NMi, and out to 50 NMi, I believe it was, and a built in ILS (GS and LOC bars) for inside that. Complete explanation is included in the documentation for the HUD update.

screenshot 1 (day).jpg

Other than those, I haven't the foggiest. To the best of my knowledge, the only carriers with NavAids are the static addons available for FSX. Moving carriers can't have navaids, but in the update by Mr. Jivko Rusev (realistic_hud_fsx_hornet.zip) it's integral to HUD, not the boat. You can also add an IFOLS gauge to the plane if you want, and a lot of the moving carriers require the scenery object for it, as do some land-based carrier landing practice runways. But I digress. ANYway...

Hope this helps out a teensy bit :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
Hello all, we are looking for pilots to join our Naval Squadron out of MCAS Beaufort, we are flying the FSXBA 15.2, please visit us at http://www.usnvgrp.org/usnv/. You can fly on line or off line , free flight or scheduled flight , the choice is yours . When flying have fun in doing the thing you like doing in a relaxed no pressure atmosphere with like minded USNvgrp members. If you like what you see , please head over to our RULES and if you like them , please head over to the application section and join us on the deck for some NAVAL FUN . FS9 pilots welcome as well, Fs9 Superbug preferred.vmfa115.jpg

Archived