Cannot post pictures

hornetdriver25

Hey everyone,

When I go to post a picture, it says it is too big and needs to be 433kb and I can;t get it to do that unless the pic is microscopic. I am using JPEG's and those are to big even at 1600x900, any solutions to this problem?

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

Hey everyone,

When I go to post a picture, it says it is too big and needs to be 433kb and I can;t get it to do that unless the pic is microscopic. I am using JPEG's and those are to big even at 1600x900, any solutions to this problem?

When my shots are too big for posting I use Photoshop to resize the image to the correct size. It sometimes takes trial and error.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Try using the Snipping Tool that is built into Win8.

It will output .jpg files that are well within forum limits.

The downside is you have no control over the amount or type of jpeg compression, though in my experience they turn out alright.

If you have Photoshop and want to save a screeny for posting on the forum, use Alt+Ctrl+Shift+S to Save for Web. Click on the optimize button and "optimize for file size..."

There you can set a max file size and with one click, Bob's your uncle.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

No need for payware. Windows Paint is already on your computer. It will do what you need.

Bruce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

In Windows Paint, click the Resize button (circled at top left), then type the size you want in the circle at right. 100 is fullsize, so if you type 50 it'll be 50% (half size).

And if you type a number bigger than 100, the pic will get bigger.

It all depends what the size of your original pic is, so adjust the numbers to whatever makes it look a good size on your screen-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/resize_zpscbebe738.jpg~original

And here's mine posted into this forum, I've resized it to a bit bigger than the original-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/sunufo3_zps0c9f8944.jpg~original

PS- if anybody's interest has been whetted, that UFO incident was in 2009 in Lincolnshire, England, here's a video-

I think you will find that it was a 'UBI' (unqualified blade installer). Those blades are bolted on individually (ie: it's not a prop). One came off, and struck the other, thus bending it. The 'lights' she saw was someone out there salvaging the fallen blade. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived