Virtavia T-34C problem

hornetdriver25

Hey,

When I start the engine in the Virtavia T-34C it surges forward like its at full power, any help?

Also when taxing I pull the power all the way back and it still goes forward.

Thanks in advance!

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

It sounds like you are getting a hot start. That can kill a turboprop fairly quickly. The correct order is condition lever last. An engine like this must have the air flow thru it established before the spark is lit. So, don't touch the condition lever untl N1 is at about 12%.

For the fast taxi, I think that's just FSXs way of handling turboprops. On this airplane, if I remember right ( I don't have it installed now), the condition lever is either on or off, no flight versus ground idle.

Glenn

Knowing Virtavia, they will try to keep it as close to RW procedures as they can. Look for "NAVAIR-01-90KDB-1B-compressed.pdf" on the net. That's the T-34B NATOPS. Should be close enough to the C to work good for you...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

My pleasure :D I'm a NATOPS freak. If it exists, I find it. AND use it!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived