LDS 767 will not work in FS9?

rhodges

It has been quite a while since I flew it, but when I try my LVLD_B763 in FS9 the following occurs.

1. Start FS9 with the default FS9 Baron at my home airport KMYR.

2. Select the LDS 767.

3. Loads fine with the tips screen appearing.

4. Clicking on any option has results that take forever, (e.g. FMC toggle, OH toggle, switches, etc.)

For example, if I try to bring up the FMC, it make take up to two minutes, then it appears.

5. Select another aircraft, and everything is back to normal again.

The only other thing that is a bit weird is that I normally choose to hide the task bar at the bottom of my screen. If I move my mouse curser to the bottom of the screen to see the task bar, all Icons appear normally. When I move the curser the taskbar disappears normally as it should, but a garbled bar remains on the bottom of the screen. Back to the bottom, and the taskbar reappears and closes when the curser is moved away, but the garbled bar remains. I then tried not hiding the task bar and never see the garble but strongly suspect it is hiding behind it. I then reduced my FS screen size and never saw the garbled bar again. However all delays remained making flight of this bird impossible.

I deleted the plane along with all associated files and reinstalled it with the Flight One Wrapper and still get the same result. (Did this twice.)

This problem appears only in FS9. It flies beautifully in FSX with no sign of a problem.

Any ideas?

RTH

fsscr000.jpg

Hello,

Can be something is triggered and consume all your CPU power (the garbled task bar is a clue of this)

Check with Windows Task Manager what is the level of CPU core(s) work and also check the processes for anything abnormal there ...

That can be other problem ... of course ....

Regards.

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Thanks for the reply:

My CPU usage is only 12-13%

In the processes, the only two things showing any usage are FS9 at 13%, and the Internet Explorer which is being used for this site at 0-1%.

I have posted this on the LDS forums both in AvSim and LDS. Maybe someone else has seen this happen and will reply there.

No problem in FSX, so this really isn't a biggie.

Thanks for the suggestions.

RTH

• 2 weeks later...

Time will tell, but thanks to DSHUTT on the LDS 767 FS9 Forum, I think a solution may have been found.

I installed the 314.22 Video drivers and I believe that did the trick. Several flights have now been done with the LDS 767 with no problem. Apparently it did not like any of the other drivers I have in my archives or the 340.52 drivers that I have been using up to now. The latest drivers, the 347.25 drivers do not work with my dual video card setup. I loose the third and/or fourth monitors.

Happy flying:

RTH

Archived