FSX Error.

Jadon Lovemore

Hi,

So my issue is that when ever i am flying free flight in FSX it gives me about three minuets to fly and then it just crashes.

Here is the info from the events log.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16912, time stamp: 0x53645e25

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00023e60

Faulting process id: 0x12b8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d02a74a395c9c2

Faulting application path: C:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 17a8259f-966f-11e4-be95-681729ee01c3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any addon sceneries active in the sim? If so, disable them and see if you still have the problem. Or, you could delete the fsx.cfg and let FSX rebuild one.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

ok I cant find the cfg. where is it. Ive also confirmed that it is only at that airport.

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG

What specific Alaska airport? I doubt that rebuilding a new FSX.cfg will fix it, but it's worth trying. Be sure to save your present .cfg or rename it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

JSkorna, what do you mean?

In your Settings, your sliders may be set too far to the right. The one slider that causes me the most problems is the airline AI slider. I keep it at about 55%. If I go higher it will cause the type of crash you describe.

Wiley Coyote/Post airport at 12 noon takeoff on runway 25.

Wiley coyote airport.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hey, So you have the Fatal Error thing going on. The reason more than likely is you are using a modern computer say windows 7 or 8 and hardware that was not around when FSX came online(2006-2007)

Causes can be a number of things but you can tweak the program to run with your system.

issues known to cause this error are:

Changing views during flight

Re-sizing a screen such as a 2D cockpit

Just loaded a freeware aircraft that puts a strain on the program

Running settings too high for your system

The average computer today runs quad core processor/ 4 Gigs of Ram/ High graphic cards / and windows 7 or 8 and is usually over rated for a program as old as FSX.

it is the combination of issues that causes these crashes the biggest reason are settings and Configuration of the program itself. FSX is very processor dependent and does not use the hardware on modern systems correctly. My system is made for gaming and I use a 8 core 3.5 / Dual Graphic Cards in fire-wire/ 8 Gigs of DDR3 high performance RAM and yes this was happening to me at random. I now have the program running without problems and at a very high frame rate with multiple screens open during flight/ Lots of add-on scenery and aircraft!!!

Is there a one stop and click fix? Sadly NO. I had to study and learn what to do through trial and error not to mention reloading FSX several times. That is the bad news. Now the good news is you can make this software work better so before you start spending money on systems first identify with your current PC.

Since FSX does not use more than 2 gigs of ram at any one time the extra ram you may have is not in use. For example : you are flying in Los Angles and even if your frame rate is okay there is is still a shutter going on. Why? because as FSX is doing the draw function it causes momentary pauses trying to put the complex auto-gen and textures into your path as it purges the areas you have passed. The max 2 RAM is just not enough. There is a fix I found for FSX to get it to use 4 Gigs of ram See ( Flight simulator addict on Youtube )

You can go into your FSX config file and tell the program to use different threads of your CPU so if you have a quad core processor with the add-on of 2 lines you can dedicate 1 core for windows/ one for scenery / one for panels etc... ( Also see Flight simulator addict Youtube)

FSX does not use the resources of your graphic card either. Being dependent on the processor you need to set up the config files to share more of the load with the graphic cards See the( improving FSX performance by FSX Genus Youtube) in the 2 part video you can set the FSX config files to use wide screen monitor format / set it for High Graphic Res ( 2048 or 4096 ) Default is set to 1024 and change the load to use your AMD or Intel Catalyst software to take over the work of the program. Result : no more blurry screen issues / much better frame rates. the HIGHMEMFIX=1 works on many issues.

Setting up your frame rate limiter to Unlimited takes the load off the processor as well since using it makes it work harder. You can add an external limiter if you wish. The uiautomationcore.dll is needed for the FSX despite some who say it causes problems. The fact is windows 7 requires these files and eliminating them will cause operational problems in windows. This fix is also found on Youtube and will link you to the uiautomationcore.dll download.

Fact is you can fix the problems but it requires the desire to learn and do (Slowly) one baby step at a time.

Let's correct a few things...

Hey, So you have the Fatal Error thing going on. The reason more than likely is you are using a modern computer say windows 7 or 8 and hardware that was not around when FSX came online(2006-2007)

The average computer today runs quad core processor/ 4 Gigs of Ram/ High graphic cards / and windows 7 or 8 and is usually over rated for a program as old as FSX.

Modern computers have no problems running FSX and, for me, switching from XP to Win7 64bit is the best step ever taken in increasing sim performance.

Since FSX does not use more than 2 gigs of ram at any one time the extra ram you may have is not in use. For example : you are flying in Los Angles and even if your frame rate is okay there is is still a shutter going on....The max 2 RAM is just not enough. There is a fix I found for FSX to get it to use 4 Gigs of ram...

That fix is found in SP2 and/or Acceleration.

If you have installed Acceleration you are good to go.

If you do not have Acceleration then you should install SP1 and SP2, then you will be good to go and FSX will be LargeAddressAware.

BTW, what we are taking about is Virtual Address Space (VAS), not RAM.

You can go into your FSX config file and tell the program to use different threads of your CPU so if you have a quad core processor with the add-on of 2 lines you can dedicate 1 core for windows/ one for scenery / one for panels etc...

Not even close.

You cannot tell your PC what cores to use for specific elements.

In fact all you can tell your PC is what cores not to use for FSX.

FSX will primarily run on one core. If you have SP2 then it will use other cores for texture loading, which helps a bit.

FSX does not use the resources of your graphic card either. Being dependent on the processor you need to set up the config files to share more of the load with the graphic cards See the( improving FSX performance by FSX Genus Youtube) in the 2 part video you can set the FSX config files to use wide screen monitor format / set it for High Graphic Res ( 2048 or 4096 ) Default is set to 1024 and change the load to use your AMD or Intel Catalyst software to take over the work of the program. Result : no more blurry screen issues / much better frame rates. the HIGHMEMFIX=1 works on many issues.

You cannot really offload work from the CPU to the GPU, though you can have some control over how the GPU works.

IMO, most of those tweaks are snake oil.

HighMemFix=1 is required, unless you have the Steam version of FSX.

Setting up your frame rate limiter to Unlimited takes the load off the processor as well since using it makes it work harder. You can add an external limiter if you wish.

The internal limiter works fine and I do not understand how not using it makes the computer work harder.

It is just the opposite, why have the CPU try to do more than it needs to.

Besides, FPS are overrated, go for a smooth sim, not a high FPS sim.

I have a weak, cheap laptop that runs smooth as silk at 15 FPS.

The uiautomationcore.dll is needed for the FSX despite some who say it causes problems. The fact is windows 7 requires these files and eliminating them will cause operational problems in windows.

If, and a big if, you are running a 64 bit Win7 or Win8 then the uiatomationcore.dll fix is usually required.

Actually it is only required if FSX crashes when you click on menu items.

If you have the Steam version the file is included.

Also, you should never touch the original Win7/8 files, what you need to do is put a Vista version in the FSX folder, next to the FSX.exe.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thanks for your comments, I do have acceleration as part of the Gold series box edition, I still was getting fatal errors and only after doing the changes I did then the problem went away. I know I am not an expert ( Thank God ) and I am glad you did not post what I sent out. In fact I am happy there are people like you reading this stuff.

This was what I picked up from other old time users. At least my program is working very well and my thought was only to help some other frustrated user.

Your post makes me have a good feeling about joining this site and now I can learn so much more. I do not want to use steam until Dovetail puts out a new release until then I will stick with the old.

Many Thanks ,

Darrin

ok I cant find the cfg. where is it. Ive also confirmed that it is only at that airport.

You will first have to make sure that you have your PC set to show hidden files/ folders then do as follows:

1) Go to Computer

2) Go to Drive C:

3) Go to users

4) Click on your name ( PC name )

5) Click on appdata

6) Click on Roaming

7) Click on Microsoft

8) Click on FSX Folder

There you will find the fsx.cfg folder Delete it and then restart FSX and it will replace it with and new one.

There you will find the fsx.cfg folder Delete it and then restart FSX and it will replace it with and new one.

Do not delete the "folder". Simply rename fsx.cfg. I use the date: fsx_1-23-14.cfg...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived