DirectX 11 with fsx?

shishkabab

Not possible. FSX is DX9.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Is it possible to use DirectX 11 with fsx? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks

Not possible. FSX is DX9.

Doug

...or DX10.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

If he is referring to the DirectX11 cockpit lighting in Milviz products....Yes it is possible to use DX10/11 for certain things in FSX BUT it doesn't change the core graphics engine of FSX which is still DX9/10. It only means linking some resources. The details on how to are proprietary to Milviz.

Current Setup: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz/ 2GB DDR2/ NVIDEA MSI N220GT 1GB

Future Setup: AMD Phenom II X6 Black 3.2 Ghz/ 6GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz/NVIDEA MSI N220GT 1GB

I am not quite sure what you all mean by it is not possible to Direct X11 with FSX. I have it installed and everything is fine. (It is listed in the DX Diag screen.) Can you please explain?

Joe

DX11 includes parts of earlier versions and what is not included is installed when you install FSX.

Think of the different versions of DX as different languages that programs use to talk to the video display.

FSX knows how to talk in DX9 and if updated to SP2 it knows how to talk in DX10.

As FSX predates DX11 it was never programed to talk in DX11.

Yes your computer hardware is DX11 capable, that does not mean that FSX knows how to use it.

Apparently MilViz has found a way to utilize some DX11 features. If so, it is doing so outside of FSX and the only DX11 content you will see in FSX is their cockpit lighting.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

DX11 includes parts of earlier versions and what is not included is installed when you install FSX.

Think of the different versions of DX as different languages that programs use to talk to the video display.

FSX knows how to talk in DX9 and if updated to SP2 it knows how to talk in DX10.

As FSX predates DX11 it was never programed to talk in DX11.

Yes your computer hardware is DX11 capable, that does not mean that FSX knows how to use it.

Apparently MilViz has found a way to utilize some DX11 features. If so, it is doing so outside of FSX and the only DX11 content you will see in FSX is their cockpit lighting.

peace,

the Bean

What would the benefit be if I switched to DirectX 9?

Joe

What would the benefit be if I switched to DirectX 9?

Joe

If you mean in FSX: FS2004 planes all show up, taxiways don't shimmer anymore, all AI traffic models show correctly.

Remember, all you do is uncheck the DX10 Preview box in FSX and re-start it. That is all you do. You don't mess with system files or anything like that.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

no need to do anything.

Your windows has DX11 installed. Because your videocard is capable of it.

DX10 and DX9 are also installed. Some parts of DX9 were installed when you installed FSX.

FSX is using DX9 or DX10. You can choose which one, in the FSX settings.

Other programs on your Computer may be using DX11

So do not install or remove anything. It is correct this way.

The reason FSX does not use DX11 is because fsx was created in 2007, and DX11 did not exist yet at that time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no need to do anything.

Your windows has DX11 installed. Because your videocard is capable of it.

DX10 and DX9 are also installed. Some parts of DX9 were installed when you installed FSX.

FSX is using DX9 or DX10. You can choose which one, in the FSX settings.

Other programs on your Computer may be using DX11

So do not install or remove anything. It is correct this way.

The reason FSX does not use DX11 is because fsx was created in 2007, and DX11 did not exist yet at that time.

Thanks!

Joe

• 6 months later...

Hi, maybe someone has experienced something like this? I got a new laptop, installed FSX gold (normal FSX plus Acceleration) yesterday and tried to start it. Apparently, I have the directx11 problem but it doesn't look anything like the people's issues that I've heard about on the forums (did a little research on that already).

Anybody knows any tweaks? THX!

http://i57.tinypic.com/2yxg7zk.png

It's German but it basically says that FSX couldn't be launched as the installed DirectX version (11) is not compatible with FSX. This dialog screen appears right after I try to launch FSX from the menu, so I don't even get to a settings screen or anything.

specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Intel Core i7 4710MQ 4x 2.5GHz

8GB SO DDR3-RAM PC-1600

Nvidia GeForce GT940M 2G(for M512II)

SSD 250GB Samsung 850 Evo MZ-75E250

Hi,

It's German but it basically says that FSX couldn't be launched as the installed DirectX version (11) is not compatible with FSX......

No, it says nothing about DX11.

DX11 is probably in your windows, that is fine. Best leave that alone.

It says the DX version (s) that are installed, (in your case dx10 and dx11) are not compatible with fsx.

What you need to do is install DX9.0

There is an installer for dx9.0 on one of the fsx dvd's. I think it is on the first of your fsx deluxe dvd's.

Windows may find some more updates after it is installed.

(.NET - (dotnet) perhaps )

see here perhaps https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?285133-Win-8-1-and-FSX-Directx11-2-Incompatible

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually, it was created in 2004/2005, released in late 2005 (I posted about it in Nov 2005). And even DX10 wasn't out then -- that's why it takes SP2 to get the DX10 preview in FSX.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 4 weeks later...
Thx for all your help, the problem is resolved now. Found it out myself with some sort of update/compatibility thing on the Microsoft site ;) Works now ;)

Could you please be more specific?:confused: (As to "where?")

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

Archived