FSX Gold edition (windows 7 64 bit) problems

kevinvbond

I have recently bought a HP probook that has windows 7 64 bit and a dual graphics which has AMD Radeon 8750M and Intel HD graphics 4600. I am experiencing 3 problems with my FSX: 1) In the settings menu om fsx my game only shows the intel graphics card, and there is no option to choose the AMD card. 2) When I install FSX acceleration there is no pop up to put in my product activation key and instead it finishes installing and as soon as I start up FSX it gives me an error saying that Acceleration was not activated. After I press okay FSX starts up normally but the multiplayer section is blocked out. 3) When I go on free flight and load up the flight, the loading screen is transparent and I can see the start menu of my computer. The only thing that does not appear transparent is that little box in the middle that tells you the loading percentage, and the area surrounding it is supposed to be blacked out but its not and like I said before I can see my start menu of my computer. As soon as the free flight is done loading the game does not appear at all, and instead I can only hear the engines of the plane, on the screen it just appears the start menu once more,and if I click on another application like google chrome, the computer goes on the app with no problem and acts like it never tried to load up the free flight. I have contacted HP technical support to see if it was a problem on my computer. They checked it out and they said its not and that all my drivers including my AMD and intel graphics card is installed correctly.Does anyone know how to fix these problems?

Well...

I'm suspicious that you have two graphics adapters and only one can be seen (this is expected) but you cannot see the graphics adapter you want or expect to use. Also, the graphics problems you are having are indications your graphics are messed up due to a conflict, drivers, or an adapter which cannot perform to FSX specification. Some early conclusions I would reach is you got bad or inept advise from tech support, or there is poor understanding and communication.

To precede further, you would need to be able to do some diagnostics possibly involving inspecting the bios and device manager and downloading/installing drivers. If you are uncomfortable with this, you will again have to deal with tech support and try to be more detailed and persistent with them. Otherwise, perhaps another person or myself can help you in private chat or email or better yet in a Skype voice session so there is some immediate give and take. Your problem may involve more than just a few clicks to find out what's going on. In the mean time, there are threads on here to teach you how to do a clean uninstall or FSX Gold so after solving your computer hardware problems, you can start clean without the garbage the video system may have caused.

Sorry if this is a messy reply.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I'm suspicious that you have two graphics adapters and only one can be seen (this is expected) but you cannot see the graphics adapter you want or expect to use. Also, the graphics problems you are having are indications your graphics are messed up due to a conflict, drivers, or an adapter which cannot perform to FSX specification. Some early conclusions I would reach is you got bad or inept advise from tech support, or there is poor understanding and communication.

As it's a laptop, there may not be any configuration problems at all. Many laptops these days are setup to use the Intel GPU for low demand situations, and then automatically switch to the AMD or Nvidia GPU for more demanding use. However, this setup doesn't always work well with some applications.

What exact HP model is this? Is there an Intel or GPU settings control panel? There may be an option to manually set the video card for FSX.

I have the HP proobook G1. And yes there is for both actually, one I believe is called AMD catalyst Control settings and the other is just the regular intel options/properties settings. The only problem I have is trying to go into the AMD control settings in which it gives me an error saying that "AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center."

Hi,

well honestly I am not as good at checking these items out on my laptop. It would be greatly appreciated if it is possible for you to guide me through these steps via skype or private chat. I will send you my Skype name via private chat and we can go on through there.

Hello

I recently bought a new PC ,this is an HP model Pavilion.

It also comes with these display adapters

AMD Radeon HD 8570D

AMD Radeon HD 8570D + R7 240 Duel Graphics.

OP

If you open your AMD Catalyst Control centre, you should see amongst the options one for Gaming.

Click on 'gaming Performance' then click on AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics on the next page make sure that the option 'enable AMD Radeon Dual Graphics is checked.

I THINK! this may be relevant to your current situation.

I do know that if I fail to select the option to 'enable Radeon Dual Graphics ' then FS9 (and i would imagine FSX )does not run correctly.

Anyways cheers

Socks

Hello

I recently bought a new PC ,this is an HP model Pavilion.

It also comes with these display adapters

AMD Radeon HD 8570D

AMD Radeon HD 8570D + R7 240 Duel Graphics.

OP

If you open your AMD Catalyst Control centre, you should see amongst the options one for Gaming.

Click on 'gaming Performance' then click on AMD Radeonâ„¢ Dual Graphics on the next page make sure that the option 'enable AMD Radeon Dual Graphics is checked.

I THINK! this may be relevant to your current situation.

I do know that if I fail to select the option to 'enable Radeon Dual Graphics ' then FS9 (and i would imagine FSX )does not run correctly.

Anyways cheers

Socks

My apologies....I see from your post that you can't access your Catalyst control centre.

Mind you that's strange ,I wonder why not?

"AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center."

Try going to the AMD drivers site and downloading the latest Catalyst full package for your GPU and installing it.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I would THINK if the user spoke to the laptop tech support over the phone and told the techy the catalyst control center would not load or display that the tech would not inform the user there is nothing wrong with his computer. Rather, the tech would assist the user in getting the control center installed and operating. If it were ME, I would not hang up the phone and I would keep asking for ticket escalation until the control center worked. If the techs could not get it to work, I would ship it back or pursue my own non-manufacturer solutions.

Confusing.

-Pv-

Now that you have your HP graphics control panel working, maybe you can use the profile portion of it to tell your laptop to switch to the AMD driver when you start FSX Deluxe instead of the Intel driver. Maybe someone here knows how to set up the profile editor for you.

-Pv-

Archived