Wilco E-Jets Cabin View Spoilers issue

alexlevy

Hiya

I just got the Wilco E-Jets add-on for FSX

It's great but when in Cabin View the spoilers/speedbrakes don't fully deploy. They work totally fine in the outside views but not from the inside. I know that they don't deploy inflight as this add-on is very realistic but I'm wondering whether there's a way of fixing this?

Thanks for any help :)

If I understand you correctly, you claim when on the ground and using the F11 external view and you press / to open the speedbrakes, they open completely and normal, then when you change view to internal (for instance F9 and cycle the S and A keys to see the wing from a passenger 3D view) the speedbrakes are closed? If so, what happens when again you press the / key while in this view?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I do not have that addon so this is a guess.

The model you see from the exterior Spot Views and the model you see from the inside (VC) views are 2 separate models.

Animations such as spoiler deployment are compiled into the models. So proper animations would have to be coded into both models.

It sounds like the VC model has a problem with the spoiler animation.

Unless there is a problem with a gauge that controls the animation (which I doubt that there would be 2 gauges, 1 for exterior model, 1 for interior model) this issue will have to be fixed by the developer.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

"The model you see from the exterior Spot Views and the model you see from the inside (VC) views are 2 separate models."

Not always but is true for default FSX models. Many or most third party aircraft made for FS9 only have one mdl file and work fine in FSX displaying spoiler/flaps etc in both views.

We need to hear more from the OP...

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Trying again to clarify...

On the ground:

With no speedbreaks in external view, you press / and watch the speedbreaks deploy to full.

Press speedbreaks again and they retract.

While changing nothing, you switch to a passenger view of the wing and with no speedbreaks deployed you press / and they only partially extend.

CORRECT?

-Pv-

"They only extend with idle throttle and on the ground and retract automatically at 40 knots"

That is correct operation. Most airliner type aircraft operate similarly. Full extend only with idle is normal and typical.

I strongly suggest there is nothing wrong with this feature of your aircraft. Wish it didn't take 7 posts to sort it out.

-Pv-

I asked:

"you switch to a passenger view of the wing and with no speedbreaks deployed you press / and they only partially extend."

You replied:

"Yes correct

They only extend with idle throttle and on the ground and retract automatically at 40 knots"

I replied:

That is correct operation."

You replied:

"...full spoilers cannot be seen from the inside but can from the outside..."

My response:

If you can advance the throttle beyond idle with the brakes off in external view and the spoilers do not retract, THAT is incorrect operation.

Verify the spoilers do the same thing when you perform the exact identical operations (idle = deploy, advanced throttle = retract) in both views.

If not, then:

1) You have a conflicting gauge or controller key assignment. Diagnosing these will require significant work on your part.

2) If your model has a split model (there are TWO *.mdl files in simobjects\airplanes\\model) as SB suggested above, the modeler made a mistake only HE can fix.

3) If your model is a single .mdl file, then the problem is NOT with the 3D model which narrows it down to (1).

4) There is a operation you are performing which you are not telling us or explaining in detail.

I'm like Joe Friday "just give me the facts mam..."

I'm really bad at parlor games like gestures and pictionary where I have to guess what the person is trying to communicate.

-Pv-

3) If your model is a single .mdl file, then the problem is NOT with the 3D model which narrows it down to (1).

Not necessarily.

FS9 and earlier models are compiled into one file yet that file does contain 2 separate models, if the developer included any kind of interior model.

Some planes are what is called "wing view" models. Instead of a VC these models commonly consist of the wings and sometimes engines and landing gear. This is still an interior model and separate from the exterior model.

FS chooses which model to use based on the users view.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

That being the case, if the problem is in the mdl, only the modeler can fix it as you said.

A quick Google Search using "wilco e-jets spoiler" resulted in this five year old article.

I assume the poster looked for updates to this problem. If it's hasn't been fixed by the modeler in five years, what's the likelihood it will get fixed now?

http://www.simflight.com/2010/01/21/review-wilcos-e-jets-for-fs2004-and-fsx/

-Pv-

There are thousands of models out there. Look for one that meets your expectations. Do some searches on the Inet to see if anyone else is having trouble and no solutions offered. This way you can avoid spending a lot of time on frustration.

A five minute search can save tens of hours.

-Pv-

NOt wanting to bad Mouth Wilco/Feelthere; Legacy had something of the same faith when SP2 came out amdl problem which ONLY the developer can fix ! I know this might no be the case. but it is typical that this developer doesn't fix issues after theire software has been marketed.

[Edit by berlopez] I also purchased the Cessna Citation Which is feelthere product and it suffers of the same problems as Legacy, Legacy lost Taxi and Landing Lights when SP2 came out...It would be now ABOUT TIME WILCO HAD DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT,Instead of keep selling it as SP2 compatible

Thye don't sell what the box or advertisement promises.

Bl.

NOt wanting to bad Mouth Wilco/Feelthere; Legacy had something of the same faith when SP2 came out; I know this might no be the case. but it is typical that this developer doesn't fix issues after theire software has been marketed.

Bl.

Thanks! That kind of info goes a long way towards helping my purchase decisions.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived