FSX Fatal error Crash

Shrinjay2002

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61355.0, time stamp: 0x4643ee0a

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp: 0x4791a76f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001dd8f

Faulting process id: 0x1970

Faulting application start time: 0x01d01e3a689e7732

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: 3379e880-8a52-11e4-9602-842b2bb8665c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

System Specs: Intel Core i3 550 3.2Ghz

AMD Radeon HD6670 2GB

5GB RAM.

It's not a huge problem as it only occurs when I click on too many menus but it's still annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just download (Google for it) uiautomationcore.dll and put it in your FSX main folder.

Cheers,

WRONG!! Not just ANY uiautomationcore.dll !!!

There are only 2 that we've found to work reliably.

UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 are the known good early Vista files.

Try one if it works, Great! If not try the other.

I have two computers running FSX and one rig only works with one, and the other rig only works with the other. Odd.

A few folks have gotten the error and neither worked. That takes a measure that I don't advise because it can break other apps...Don

BTW: For the edification of folks that find this at a later date.

You only place the uiautomationcore.dll in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else.

FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs.

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Hey Don,

How come I never have to use UIautomationcore.dll? I have FSX since the first month it launching way back went. Okay it was useless with the old PC for about a year until SP2 but it has worked correctly ever since with my Win 7 x64 without needing that dll. Why?

Cheers,

The uiautomationcore produces semi-random crashes. The longer you fly and the more you click while flying, the more likely the crashes. If you typically fly short hauls and use the keyboard more than the mouse, your chances of seeing this error are greatly reduced.

There is no harm in CORRECTLY applying the fix even if you have no crashes. If you don't need or want it, then ignore it.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

The automation crash doesn't happen to everyone. Its hit rate though is about 80%+ based on posts I've seen here and elsewhere. Once applied, that particular crash never happens again.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

• 3 months later...
having same problem with the steam edition

Can't be the problem this thread is about, as the UiAutomationcore fix was built in with FSX:SE.

Read the first sticky on to of this forum, and post the faulting module (with your system specs) in a new thread.

[EDIT]See you already started a new thread...

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 are the known good early Vista files.

On my default Windows 7 - 64 bit there are 4 copies of UIautomationcore.dll. All called version 6.1.7600.16385 and in Windows. There are one in FSX yet the work..

The versions are:

C:\Windows\System32 - Date modified 14/07/2010 02:41- Size 733 KB

C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-uiautomationcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_0c0d85465bcceb37 - Date modified 14/07/2010 - Size 733 KB

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 - Date modified 14/07/2010 02:16- Size 548 KB

C:\Windows\winsxs\wow64_microsoft-windows-uiautomationcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_16622f98902dad32 D- ate modified 14/07/2010 02:16- Size 548 KB

Try one if it works, Great! If not try the other.

I have two computers running FSX and one rig only works with one, and the other rig only works with the other. Odd.

A few folks have gotten the error and neither worked. That takes a measure that I don't advise because it can break other apps...Don

BTW: For the edification of folks that find this at a later date.

You only place the uiautomationcore.dll in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else.

FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs.

Doesnt uiautomationcore.dll go in system32 folder ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Doesnt uiautomationcore.dll go in system32 folder ?

Replacing the DLL in the Windows folder with an older version can affect any other applications that make use of it. Placing an older version in the FSX folder means only FSX will use it (FSX will use the DLL in its own folder over one in the system folder).

And if one is not having FSX crashes related to this DLL, then there is no need to do anything.

Replacing the DLL in the Windows folder with an older version can affect any other applications that make use of it. Placing an older version in the FSX folder means only FSX will use it (FSX will use the DLL in its own folder over one in the system folder).

And if one is not having FSX crashes related to this DLL, then there is no need to do anything.

sorry, i'm not familiar with uiautomationcore.dll file.

I understand there is a default uiautomationcore.dll in system32 folder

and another one in fsx folder,ive seen this issue related to windows 7

so windows XP users do not have that problem ?

i dont even know if i have that file in my fsx folder, my win7 is fresh

and fsx is working good until...

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sorry, i'm not familiar with uiautomationcore.dll file.

I understand there is a default uiautomationcore.dll in system32 folder

and another one in fsx folder,ive seen this issue related to windows 7

so windows XP users do not have that problem ?

i dont even know if i have that file in my fsx folder, my win7 is fresh

and fsx is working good until...

Only Windows XP and Vista were around when FSX was released, so they were the only versions FSX was developed and tested on. With Windows 7 there were changes to the uiautomationcore.dll. On some systems it doesn't seem to matter, while others have problems unless they put an older version of the DLL file into their FSX directory. In fact, the Steam Edition of FSX includes the older DLL file by default.

As I said above, if you aren't seeing crashes related to this DLL, you don't need to worry about it.

On my default Windows 7 - 64 bit there are 4 copies of UIautomationcore.dll. All called version 6.1.7600.16385 and in Windows. There are one in FSX yet the work...

Those are the default Win 7 files. C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Don't mess with them.

If you have the CTD with UIautomationcore.dll as the faulting module, there is a conflict between FSX and the User Interface. The two files I noted are the known good ones that can be placed in the MAIN FSX folder to fix the issue.

As has been said, a couple times here: If you don't have the crash, don't do anything...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived