how make planes cold and dark?

focamagica

much the same - load your default flight - shut down the engines, set all switches off, etc and then save the flight AS DEFAULT. After that when you load the flight, it will be cold & dark.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

NO - just save ONE flight as default. When you load another a/c it will take what you have as default - note that some payware a/c have their own way of configuring startup.

The file you reference is just a saved default flight with cold and dark.

As for the battery - just as in real life, if you drain the battery you can't start. If you start the engine without turning on he generator, your battery will run down.

If you don't want that much realism, as noted you can use FSUIPC to set a forever battery.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Be careful about doing this however unless you have the unending battery turned on in FSUIPC. When I started P3D I ran into a lot of trouble with the battery being down and the radios not working even though the engine would start.

Rubbish. As long as you turn on the generator the battery will charge. We already firmly established your problem was operator error.

Yes, the plane had power but the radios would not work. As soon as I went back to default flight of having the plane running the radio problem went away. Apparently you cannot always go through a startup before the battery dies. This is not accurate with the real planes I have flown. Their batteries are small but have a lot of life until you crank the engine.

In any case, they will not crank the engine then have no radios.

By the way, I have been an apprentice to an A&P. We have spent lots of time with the master switch on without the engine running. Time to run the battery down without lights or starter is somewhere on the top side of a half hour. If you want realism, us the battery never runs out feature.

By the way, I have been an apprentice to an A&P. We have spent lots of time with the master switch on without the engine running. Time to run the battery down without lights or starter is somewhere on the top side of a half hour. If you want realism, us the battery never runs out feature.

On that I agree - the sim battery does expire far too fast, and does not reflect real-world.

However, unlimited is NOT the solution, choosinga scalar with FSUIPC is. Typically 4x or 8x enables ore than enough time to get a charge rather than a drain going via checklist or correct procedure.

Archived