how do add a fuel stop with the flight planner?

CessnaFlyer

before I got sick I took a flight of 299 miles with the A2A cessna172. and the fuel state kinda made me nervous is there away when setting up the flight plan to make a fuel stop and still have the plan show the destination airport I would like to go to? I had 5 gallons in each tank left at the end of my flight:p
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

You can have multiple airport waypoints in the FP It helps not to set a runway in the between airports. You will benefit greatly from using an external Flight Planner like the free Plan-G. With it, you'll make better plans with more editing options and fuel estimation. Plans made with Plan-G can load into the sim GPS and display just like a plan made withe FS.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Example of how I build a cross country VFR (that's VFR) flight plan with multiple landing destinations. Default FSX Flight Plan

Save your flight plan such as KMMU KFOK see partial screen capture below. My actual flight plan was from KMMU KMVY with 8 stop overs.

If you run low on gas, land at one of your destinations and ask ground control for direction to gas pump.

Gas up.

You can either proceed and take off to your next destination

or

If you want to stay over, save your flight such as KMMU KMVY A.

This way, when you want to take off later, your flight plan will remain intact and your GPS will continue to show your completed flight path as well as your destination flight path.

Ron

fligh plan.JPG

Flight Plan Cessna.JPG

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Using plan-G, the user manual describes how to insert a way point. Put the refueling airports between the departure and destination.

KBJJ KVPZ 3CK

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

It helps a LOT to get more creative with search engines like Google. You'll get what you want faster if you add more words like "Plan-G Free Download" The more words you add, the better the results.

Thanks f16jockey_2

-Pv-

Even faster Google searches if you start with "FSX or FS2004.....xx@#$....whatever" No need for the quotes. If you just type in the Google search box PlanG, it's a miracle it didn't come up with Plan 9 from Outer Space. :p

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr. Zippy,

I had lunch with a friend from Minnesota the other day. He mentioned a comic strip character named Mr. Zippy. I said I had heard of you on this forum. BOY DID HE GET A LAUGH!!

Later that afternoon, he sent me some Mr Zippy film clips. Apparently that comic strip, film clip, etc. is local and we don't get it/them here. Now the character makes a lot more sense.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

OK,

Where do I find Plan-G? I've entered it into a couple of different search sites. All either say it can't be found or refer me back to this thread.

Thanks,

Rupert

Google is your friend. I found it. have not tried plan-G yet but I found it. with this cold I can't stay out of bed long enough:(

giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Mr. Zippy,

I had lunch with a friend from Minnesota the other day. He mentioned a comic strip character named Mr. Zippy. I said I had heard of you on this forum. BOY DID HE GET A LAUGH!!

Later that afternoon, he sent me some Mr Zippy film clips. Apparently that comic strip, film clip, etc. is local and we don't get it/them here. Now the character makes a lot more sense.

Check out Bill Griffiths site. I use to read Zippy the pinhead comix. Yeow! http://www.zippythepinhead.com/

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I am a firm believer in the KISS method.... in light of that the easiest and fastest way to do what you want is....

1 Create a "Direct To" flight plan in FSX with only the departure and arrival airports

2 On the page that shows the route on the map, grab the course line with your mouse and drag it to where you want to stop for fuel.... instant waypoint, done deal :-)

Archived