FSX Gold Edition crashing

Leemar1

Hi, i'm a new member. Just purchased Flight Simulator X Gold Edition (includes Acceleration).

Installed on Desktop with Windows 8.1, i5-4460CPU @ 320GB, 6 GB mem, 64 Bit, AMD Radeon R5 235 dedicated card.

FSX frequently fails with message "Flight Simulator has stopped Working".

Event Information Description:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll, version: 9.14.10.996, time stamp: 0x523118f1

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003869a

Faulting process id: 0x1194

Faulting application start time: 0x01d018ce01279624

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atiumdag.dll

Report Id: 47f4b1a5-84c1-11e4-8260-3010b32d1309

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

The error is always the same. Any suggestions as to how to fix?

Much appreciated

Lee

Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll points to an issue with your video card.

A new driver may help.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download scroll to "Manually Select Your Driver" and use the dropdown lists.

If there are earlier release issues. AMD recommends uninstalling all AMD graphics software before attempting a new driver installation. Control Panel/Programs and Features.

I recommend a full backup beforehand...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Thanks fxsttcb. Solved my problem.

But now I have another one. Had to uninstall FSX and reinstall. Reinstall s failing on a 1628 Error. I think I screwed up the uninstall by not un-installing the Acceleration Expansion First. See error below

Product: InstallScriptMSIEngine -- Error 1704.An installation for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration is currently suspended. You must undo the changes made by that installation to continue. Do you want to undo those changes?

Now I can't uninstall or reinstall. Tried to find a fix online, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your help

Lee

When it asks 'Do you want to undo those changes?', have you tried hitting 'Yes'?

That way you should be able to proceed with installation/uninstallation as necessary.

Thanks,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-16 Fighting Falcon

Avalon Air Show 2015

Todays Technology.....

Archived