What settings affect startup fuel levels and engines started or not

jparnold

Recently I have noticed that my (standard FSX) B737 800 always seems to start up (in a multiplayer session not sure if this is a factor) with very low fuel levels (a message pops up advising and to press Ctrl X - I think) and only one engine started.

What could be causing this and how do I change settings so that I always startup with full fuel tanks and either no engines running or both engines running.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Thanks for that information.

I find it strange though that I have not changed my default startup conditions and all of a sudden they changed. That's really weird.

John

The default flight will control those settings when you create a new flight in the Free Flight screen.

They are saved in all saved flights so if you load any saved flight other than the default they may be different.

peace,

the Bean

[added]

Your saved flights are stored in your Documents folder and the .flt files are text files and can be edited with Notepad

[/added]

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thanks Stringbean

I was aware of where saved flights etc are stored but I was just trying to find out how those settings changed as I had NOT changed any settings or saved any flights including "make this my default flight" - I had only been starting up with my favourite aircraft doing some freeflights and also joining in a multiplayer session, nothing more nothing less yet obviously something had changed as all of a sudden I was starting with my favourite aicraft with virtually empty fuels tanks and only one engine running.

Actually that is not true.

I had beeing modifying the panel.cfg for my favourite aircraft but surely that would have no affect on aircraft settings.

Surely not a virus?

Anyway I now know how to save any changes (like full fuel tanks, both engines running etc etc)

John

I just tried to save the settings as a flight with the aircraft parked at a gate which has a jetway/air bridge and with the jetway extended and attached to the aircraft but it won't save that 'setting' (when restarting the flight the aircraft is at the correct gate but the jetway not extended.

It would be nice if it would.

Is there a way to create a flight at a gate which has a jetway and with the jetway 'extended'?

John

Is there a way to create a flight at a gate which has a jetway and with the jetway 'extended'?

Not that I am aware of. Animation states like jetways are not saved in saved flights.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Sorry to resurrect this but I am still having (startup) problems using the FSX B737 800 when joining a multiplayer session (connecting directly using an ip address).

When I enter the session my B737 800 is with engines stopped etc and it takes a long time to get them started using CTRL-E (yes I am lazy).

I have fixed this problem in 'free flight' by saving as a 'default' flight but still have the problem in multiplayer sessions.

I tried exiting the multiplayer session, going to free flight, starting up using the default flight and then backing out and going to the multiplayer sessiion without solving this 'problem'.

What is even more puzzling is that until recently I never had this 'problem'.

This appears to be related to the 'setting' (.cfg?) for the B737-800 ONLY as when I select a B777 (downloaded from this site) I do NOT have the 'problem'.

It's so annoying!

Any help would be appreciated.

Also please 'point me' to docs which explain how to refuel and start engines on the FSX stock standard B737-800 as I have tried everything I can think of using the overhead panel and also pressing CTRL E repeatedly doesn't sem to do anything for quite some time (2 to 3 minutes)

Thanks

John

Archived