I need some general comparisons between payware and freeware...

airbus777

Well hi there. I'm thinking of buying my first ever payware aircraft and ATC.

I'm going to keep this thread short....can anyone describe to me the difference in quality between freeware and payware?

Thanks

Well, much payware is very good but not all of it is. Likewise, some freeware is not worth the time downloading it but some is even better than payware.

So you can probably guess that this is a very subjective area and everyone will have their own views on the matter.

If you care to tell us what aircraft and ATC you are planning to buy then people here may give you their own experiences of it. Alternatively, do a Google for reviews of those products.

As far as payware ATC is concerned London Control is an extremely accurate rendition of ATC in the UK and IMHO is the best ATC product available for the casual simmer. It is produced by a company that makes ATC simulators for the aviation sector. Although it's a cut down version of its big brother it is highly accurate and is constantly updated to keep track of changes to UK airspace procedures, tracks, waypoints etc.

Dijvid

Back in the day all we had was freeware. It was the sim community uploading their talents to share with their fellow simmers. A lot of developers made huge strides in their talents, and as time progressed people like open sky gave us some beautiful planes. Then the next step was payware to where even more abilities came forth, ie workable vc and such. Right now Careanado is having a huge sale, i bought the c90 and the 337 for ten dollars, it cant be beat.

I see no direct comparison, it all depends on the developer(s). There is much freeware available that is easily the equivalent of payware, and I've seen some payware i wouldn't download if it were free.

So, if it's freeware, download it and try it; all you lose is a little time. If it's payware, ask here and there's a good chance you'll hear from someone with first hand experience.

The aircraft carrier in Flight Deck 4 is not quite as detailed as the free ones in Carriers 2006. On the other hand, the aircraft in FD4 are uniformly excellent, indistinguishable in quality from those from say Iris Simulation. The biggest difference is that the freeware stuff is much more alterable; the FD4 stuff is much more "shrink wrapped" or perhaps "monolithic" might be a better word.

Having said all that, I have grave doubts that you could extrapolate this comparison to anything else. As others have said.

Steve from Mudgee

and possibly soon elsewhere.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Archived