New FlightSim next week?

alexzar14

Don't be upset guys if there are minor improvements, especially visual ones like the rain effect on your windshield (this is what was done to the updated version of TrainSim as seen on videos on youtube). Minor things like that but very nice. Unless you really mean it is just a redistribution of old stock...

A whole new sim wouldn't make me quit FSX with so many mega-awesome addons available for, an improvement would be a best deal.

Don't be upset guys if there are minor improvements, especially visual ones like the rain effect on your windshield (this is what was done to the updated version of TrainSim as seen on videos on youtube). Minor things like that but very nice. Unless you really mean it is just a redistribution of old stock...

A whole new sim wouldn't make me quit FSX with so many mega-awesome addons available for, an improvement would be a best deal.

DTG cannot make minor improvements. They can do 2 things: convert to Steam and get their multiplayer to work, that is all, nothing else, no other improvements, nothing for Win 8.1, nothing for joysticks not working under 8.1.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

• Founder
DTG cannot make minor improvements. They can do 2 things: convert to Steam and get their multiplayer to work, that is all, nothing else, no other improvements, nothing for Win 8.1, nothing for joysticks not working under 8.1.

That is contrary to what DTG says; their official announcement specifically says "Windows 8.1 support".

Actually, Dove Tail Games does not have any rights what so ever to change the code in any way. The only way to get it to work in Windows 8.1 is to run it in Vista Service Pack 2 Comparability mode. I repeat, Dove Tail Games can not change the code. Only Microsoft and Lockheed Martin can do that.

Actually VC rain does work in FSX. You need the VC rain effect files from FS9 and the plane model must support it. Not many FSX models have VC rain modeled. ANTS Trojan has its own work fine. I doubt you will find any other changes they simply havnt had the time to to anything, consider how long P3D has being going??
Intel 4790k@ 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

Actually, Dove Tail Games does not have any rights what so ever to change the code in any way. The only way to get it to work in Windows 8.1 is to run it in Vista Service Pack 2 Comparability mode. I repeat, Dove Tail Games can not change the code. Only Microsoft and Lockheed Martin can do that.
DTG's code manipulation authority totally depends on the terms of their license. Anybody seen it?

Lockheed Martin can not make revisions to FSX code. They have a license for Microsoft ESP only, which is the basis for P3D.

IF DTG's license is similar to LM's we very well might see some changes. SP3?? ...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Same old same old..................

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Animated_White_horse_sauntering.gif

I'll be darned! It worked! :p

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived