Recommendations for Scenery Packages for lower NY (NYC, Long Island)?

WK95

I'll mostly be flying around Long Island and NYC.

How's MegaSceneryEarth? The screenshots they posted on their website look pretty good though its a shame that their Youtube video is only at 480p which, frankly, is no way to be advertising something as visual as scenery. Also, it looks to me that they only recently added supported for Prepar3d so I'm not sure how well it works with that sim.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll mostly be flying around Long Island and NYC.

How's MegaSceneryEarth? The screenshots they posted on their website look pretty good though its a shame that their Youtube video is only at 480p which, frankly, is no way to be advertising something as visual as scenery. Also, it looks to me that they only recently added supported for Prepar3d so I'm not sure how well it works with that sim.

Perhaps you could explain precisely what kind of flying you are looking to achieve greater fidelity for.

Without information about THAT, there was no point in anyone answering you. The quality of reply is entirely dependant on the perspicacity of the question being asked.

Perhaps you could explain precisely what kind of flying you are looking to achieve greater fidelity for.

Without information about THAT, there was no point in anyone answering you. The quality of reply is entirely dependant on the perspicacity of the question being asked.

I'd be flying VFR at altitudes as low as 4000 AGL.

Rules out photoscenery.

Think about FTX Global for textures, or GEX, elevated mesh to get the lumps and bumps in higher fidelity and you might try landclass like SceneryTech, Cloud 9 Xclass and UTX or FTX Vector for vector scenery such as roads, coastlines, and industrial areas.

FTX are working on USA landclass but it's not out yet. Nor do they do a FTX Region for the area you describe, which would be by far the most accurate solution, were it to be made. Further info may be gleaned about the strengths and weaknesses of each:

http://simmerhead.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/review-fsx-landclass-battle/

You will need to consult with vendors and/or developers about the suitability of FSX products for the version of P3D you have.

Rules out photoscenery.

Think about FTX Global for textures, or GEX, elevated mesh to get the lumps and bumps in higher fidelity and you might try landclass like SceneryTech, Cloud 9 Xclass and UTX or FTX Vector for vector scenery such as roads, coastlines, and industrial areas.

FTX are working on USA landclass but it's not out yet. Nor do they do a FTX Region for the area you describe, which would be by far the most accurate solution, were it to be made. Further info may be gleaned about the strengths and weaknesses of each:

http://simmerhead.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/review-fsx-landclass-battle/

You will need to consult with vendors and/or developers about the suitability of FSX products for the version of P3D you have.

ORBX FTX does look the best in that link but the review uses UTX. However, I wonder how UTX 2.0 compares now.

Archived