Hello everyone

I am having a lot of issues with my FSX ever since I started flight siming about 2 and a half years ago. For a while it worked fine but recently it has started playing up. It randomly crashes, planes and ground service vehicles and personal are invisible, textures are missing from aircraft at night when I turn on aircraft interior lights and when I minimize the game it screws up. When I go back into it, it has really weird coloring and textures and I: cannot see out of the cockpit.

Addons

Aerosoft Airbus X Extended

Ground Services X

Captain Sim 767 Base Pack

REX texture Direct

FSInn

A bunch of freeware aircraft and helicoptors

PC Specks

i5 2500K

Asus Maximus Mother Board

Sapphire Radeon 6950

8GB RAM

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

If anyone could help me fix this issue I would be eternally grateful. One of the few things I enjoy is flight simming.

Thanks in advance

Chris

The easiest starting place would be to check out your Events Viewer to see what kind of errors from the crashes.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

Below is just an example of what you will see!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for the help mrzippy. I think I have sorted the problem I found another forum that stated that FSX is not compatible with ATI graphics past the driver 13.4. I reinstalled that and I can not fly without constant crashing. I still have the problem where my planes turn invisible during the flight or after I land. Is there a fix for this?

DX10 unchecked in your settings? Possible overheating of your graphics card? Does everything look normal at the start of your flight and then go downhill near the end, if so that's why I suggested the Graphics card. Cleaned out the computer case recently, especially dust around the cooling fans? HighMemfix=1 in the [Graphics] section of your FSX.cfg?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Good advice. I'd agree. It sounds more like a heat or hardware issue than drivers. I'm using the latest AMD 14.9 drivers with no problems (ATI HD 7950). There was, indeed, a problem of some sort sometime around the release of 13.4 but I've used several later versions without incident.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Thanks for the advice I will check it out.

mrzippy, I just had a crash with FSX and here is the error report you asked me for earlier.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.6195, time stamp: 0x4dcddbf3

Exception code: 0xc000000d

Fault offset: 0x000489bc

Faulting process id: 0xa6c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d00f5fbb660c63

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll

Report Id: 352ab68a-7b64-11e4-841e-f46d042db3f2

Thanks again for all your help

Archived