HU-There is a pirate steeling the work of others and releasing it as his own

JensOle

I just found my own F-14A IRIAF texture pack which is available here at flightsim.com stolen and released by Mohammad Faali (iriaftomcat.zip) as his own with no credit whatsoever to the fact that it is my work. He has even used the same screenshot as I included in the original release. My original file is called f14airan.zip and was released in 2009. I have checked the textures myself and they are exactly the same as I made in 2009. He has just removed my name in the readme, stolen it and re uploaded it to flightsim.com and many other fs sites.

This is just one among many files released by Mr. Faali and quite frankly I'm very surprised that all the major fs sites have released the stolen software from this thief on their websites. Please take action to safeguard our hobby's future from pirates. The red flag should have gone up straight away with these suspect files.

Jens-Ole Kjølberg

Jens-Ole, I'm pretty sure that admin is aware of this clown. If I recall correctly, this issue was brought forth on another site and subsequently reported to admin here.

It's hard to ID what he's actually stolen, without input from the original authors.

Use the "Contact Us", at the bottom of the page, to report your specific issues...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

According the Flie Library:

Listing of f14airan.zip 62,863,769 bytes 151 file(s) which has .dds files with no .bmp files

Listing of iriaftomcat.zip 35,803,160 bytes 68 file(s) which has .bmp files and no dds files

At first sight they don't appear to be the same.

...At first sight they don't appear to be the same.
I took a peek: Compare Jens-Ole's f14a_iran/f14a_iran6.jpg vs Mohammad Faali's Photo.jpg

Very little doubt, in my military mind, that those pics are identical...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

Very true but sites such as Flightim can't be expected to take them down unless someone complains and produces supporting evidence. In this case, the download has a different number of bytes and different number of files - how is anyone to know?

Also, whatever else he may be doing, he isn't a thief and isn't stealling.

I just KNEW this was going to go south.:rolleyes:...Don

Archived