Need a reminder from ground school.

Just search for the odd-even rule, but odd altitudes are used when flying a 0º heading to a 179º heading, while evens go when flying from 180º to 359º headings.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Providing the answer is no big deal, that's part of why I roam these forums, but for future reference you could, for example, type in "odd-even rule altitude" (without the quotes, of course) and get a number of links to the correct answer, including Wikipedia, flighttraining.aopa.org, even several references here on flightsim.com.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

• 4 weeks later...

You are probably right I could have found the answer somewhere. I just did not see the harm in asking the question because we might have some people here that have never heard of the odd-even rule.

I do not believe that I learned it initially at ground school, I think I got it out of a book somewhere.

I just did not see the harm in asking the question because we might have some people here that have never heard of the odd-even rule.

Certainly there was no harm in asking -- I was just providing an alternative means of getting the answer should you so choose.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Is not the purpose of a forum to interact with fellow pilots? If we all googled everything there would be no purpose of a forum. Look it up elsewhere has always been my least favorite answer to pilot's questions and the most obvious and the most boring answer in a forum. After 23 years of flying on this sim I am just now making myself fly the odd-even rule as well as the VFR-500 rule.//KBNA 230053Z 15010KT 10SM OVC011 11/09 A2973

Is not the purpose of a forum to interact with fellow pilots? If we all googled everything there would be no purpose of a forum. Look it up elsewhere has always been my least favorite answer to pilot's questions and the most obvious and the most boring answer in a forum. After 23 years of flying on this sim I am just now making myself fly the odd-even rule as well as the VFR-500 rule.//KBNA 230053Z 15010KT 10SM OVC011 11/09 A2973

You're writing as if I castigated him for not looking it up. Reread my posts...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

• 1 month later...

Archived