Dino Cattaneo F14D Tomcat Sonic Boom

usb777

I have several F14's but this one I have designed to use with Tacpac weapons I believe has an awesome visual sonic boom effect like a cone shape I have seen real pictures of. I can't seem to find how it's installed though like COP30. Anyone know the one I am describing? Is the effect incorporated in the model? I want to add it to some of my other aircraft.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

No, that's good! I have that one. This one is different. I just ran a test though. It's in one of his F14 model files. I tried the model folder with one of his other Tomcats that didn't do it. Had to copy a texture file called vapor effect as well. It worked fine but only to his F14's. I'll try to get a picture for you.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

The Aircraft is here in our library.

f14dfsxav220.zip

Here's a shot:

F14 Sonic Boom.jpg

Mike G.

f14dfsxav220.zip

did I do the link right?

Mike G.

Learn something every day!

Mike G.

Howdy, sorry, but that link doesn't work either. that way it only works for you, and only for a short time. to place a link, read the third sticky.

(But just posting the filename was plenty, a link is not really necessary)

aircraft (effect) looks great!

cheers, il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep! That works! :applause::D:p

EDIT:

The trouble is that this way you can't read the filename. So it' is best to always add a filename and a link together.

Also, you can edit a post if you want to add something. When logged in, just click the edit button at the bottom of the post you want to edit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks. I need to learn these tricks so I might help others a little bit. For years I have been helped. I have taken and the hyperlinks have really helped. I just want to start paying forward a little. What do you think of that sonic boom visual? I added the cop30 effect as well so you get the sound to and they occur about the same time.

Mike G.

Hi mike. I do hear a sound at certain speeds. The effect looks different. When switching to outside view at the time of the sound I see an effect behind the aircraft but it is only there for an instant and looks more like a flash than like whispy cloud.

That does not say much though.

I did the install very hastily, and did only one test flight. I'll report back if I get it fixed, but I don't mind it that much. I enjoyed the cockpit and like the outside look, plus the aircraft is easy to hand-fly. First flight I did 2 landings, zero issue. I don't fly fighters all that much but I think this will be a permanent addition to the F18 combat.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dino's F-14D has progressed to v2.35. http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

His latest T-45C, F-35, and S3B are worth grabbing too.

Mr. Cattaneo posts the latest versions at his site when they are released. TY Dino :pilot: ...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Dino's F-14D has progressed to v2.35. http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

His latest T-45C, F-35, and S3B are worth grabbing too.

Mr. Cattaneo posts the latest versions at his site when they are released. TY Dino :pilot: ...Don

Some reason it won't download. Something adout google drive can't scan for virus to large.

Mike G.

I'm downloading it but its taking about 30 minutes. Not normal for my computer.

Mike G.

I'm downloading it but its taking about 30 minutes. Not normal for my computer.

I've done several downloads from Dino's page and never had a problem. Smack your computer a couple of times and see if that straightens it out! ;)

Heck of a nice effect!

MACH F14.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I've done several downloads from Dino's page and never had a problem. Smack your computer a couple of times and see if that straightens it out! ;)

Heck of a nice effect!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]174044[/ATTACH]

Ya, me to but this one is still downloading! almost done I think. I might try on another computer. Remember dial up? Down load 5 hours and get a broken link? Those were the days!

Mike G.

Server must have been busy yesterday. I have it now but really don't notice any difference from the older version.

Mike G.

Archived