Totally Frustratedby FSX not repairing nor unistalling.

jrazz

I'm trying to reinstall FSX, but it's not working. To wit -- If I click on "repair" I get all the way to the end of Disk 2 and suddenly I get this E.M., "Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows intstaller package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contack your support personnel or package vendor."

If I try to "uninstall" FSX, I get this E.M., "Error Number: 0x80040702 Description: Failed to load DLL:GameuxInstallHelper

Setup will now terminate."

Let me add that I searched everywhere to see if there were any lingering FSX files on the system, even deleting FSX in the registry. So I'm at at loss on what is wrong.

Any help would be great!;)

__Jim

Uninstalling an unpatched/non-fixed FSX installation can cause the MS store to get corrupted. There is a MS store fixer program you can run. Try the above suggestions first.

Your description seems to indicate you uninstalled more than once which is likely why the installhgelper cannot be found because it was removed by the previous uninstall.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived