SceneryConfigurationEditor and ORBX freeware scenery

I manage my scenery add-ons with Dr. Andrew Thornton's Scenery Configuration Editor. I have downloaded and installed some ORBX freeware scenery, but to me it doesn't look like the scenery is active.

Does anyone use SCE with ORBX, and how should the ORBX scenery be placed in SCE, or does one need to do "something completely different"?

Jorgen

The installer triggers a utility in the Orbx\scripts folder called FTXconfigurator.exe to insert the scenery library entry into the scenery.cfg. If you don't have at least the orbxlibs installed you won't have a copy of ftxconfigurator on board so the call from the installer will fail. In that case just add the scenery manually with SCE or use the scenery library editor within the sim. (but you'll need the orbxlibs installed or 90% of the objects wont show up, and you really should have the appropriate region installed for whichever freeware airport it is you're trying to use. You didn't say what it was you were trying to install and not all the freewares have the same requirements)

If there's a scenerylib_***.cfg for the airport you installed also in the scripts folder you should be able to just doubleclick FTXconfigurator.exe to insert the scenery lib entry. It won't appear to have done anything, it runs completely silent, but check SCE after you double click it and see if it added the entry.

Archived