Is REX Overdrive hard on performance?

Double J

Not to be nit-picky, but the question I focused on was, "Is REX Overdrive hard on performance?"

Weather is hard on performance. I doubt if it makes much difference whose weather engine you use, the main hit is from the clouds. It also doesn't matter whose clouds you use, textures are textures. I use REX clouds with ASN and even with 1024x1024 textures intense weather really hits performance. But since the OP specifically asked about REX OD, those HD cloud textures will be a much greater hit.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Weather is hard on performance. I doubt if it makes much difference whose weather engine you use, the main hit is from the clouds. It also doesn't matter whose clouds you use, textures are textures. I use REX clouds with ASN and even with 1024x1024 textures intense weather really hits performance. But since the OP specifically asked about REX OD, those HD cloud textures will be a much greater hit.

So would REX Essential PLUS be easier than Overdrive? What exactly is the difference?

So would REX Essential PLUS be easier than Overdrive? What exactly is the difference?

I think the naming is confusing. Overdrive is not a different product. The product is 'REX Essential PLUS', OD is just a collection of extra HD textures (if you can use the word 'just' about a 12Gb download). If you look at the marketing you will notice the wording is 'with Overdrive'.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Archived