Problem with an old controller, need help.

KCD

Hello all,,,

I've never visited this forum before, never had the need to. Now, however, I do. I have an old CH Virtual Pilot (and pedals) that I've used for years and years. I know, why don't you bite the bullet and replace it with a modern yoke? Well, three reasons I can think of. 1.) I've had this thing so long that it's like an old dog, it's a good friend. 2.) I'm cheap? and 3.) With a recent move just completed, I simply can't afford to buy a new one.

Until the computer was disconnected for the move, the CH Virtual Pilot yoke plugged into super joy box 7 USB game port adapter (no game port on my computer), worked like a charm. right, left, up, down, both buttons and the throttle, it all worked just as it was supposed to. When I reconnected all the wires after the move (2 months in mothballs) everything worked OK again except for the throttle. The throttle is now functioning like a "hat" on a joy stick. I've tried everything I can think of and cannot correct this problem, but then again, I really don't know what I'm doing, and the instructions that guided me on the initial set-up are buried in some yet to be unpacked carton somewhere. Can anyone advise me how to get the throttle to act like a throttle again instead of a "hat" that I don't want?

Thanks for hour help.

KCD

Archived