Looks like someone ran with my old idea...

andyjohnston

Back in the FS-2004 days, I created two volumes of FS Fiction, and over the years thought about doing more but could never come up with a good plot. Now there's something similar on the main page by someone else. Oh well. Maybe I'll keep thinking aabout it.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Well, you got something 'he' doesn't have-models. Your models are your 'living fiction' where his is all 'pulp fiction' with an airplane thrown in for 'effect' or as a 'hook'. I have downloaded ONE of his 'adventures' (years ago) and deleted it and have not downloaded another. My imagination won't 'buy' his fiction (as it were). Especially when it involves 'sex' as side bar-not my cup of tea (or poison?). But to each his own. Me, I have all your models (with most getting some FDE tweaking), and airports, and have a blast without having to read pages of instruction. So pat yourself on the back. I like your 'work'.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Well, my comments are tongue in cheek, of course, and I am not serious about it one way or another. Like I said, to each his own. I like an adventure, or even a mission, but don't like to 'read about it'. I like to DO IT as if for reals. I can challenge myself more than anyone else. You won't believe what 'stunts' I have tried over the years-and without a 'script'. I like difficult and impossible when it comes to sim flying. Being there-done that. But I would read your fiction, out of curiosity, if nothing else.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi Andy,

Great to hear from you again. Your stories & add-ons have been great & is part of our sim heritage.

Yes Please! I want more... :-)

But please, can we have your stories & add-ons as downloads?

Kind Regards,

Robin

(Cape Town, South Africa)

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

If you are looking for a 'project' how about making a model that is 'de-tuned' (dynamics wise) to where it is almost unflyable, hard to control and almost unlandable. Then you can provide the 'fix' in segments (you would 'know' what you changed), where the 'adventure continues...'. The possibilites are endless. Especially when you have a single prop, a twin prop, a turbo-prop, a jet (civil), a jet (passenger), a jet (military) and a couple of prop/jet 'experimental' types (as is your specialty?). Just my 2 cents.

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived