Problem after deleting the FSX

kfirv123

Hi,

So i deleted the FSX but not the whole FSX and i don't know where i can find it now...

Now when i try to install again the FSX it says i already have some folders of it and it does a rollback.

Could somebody help me with this problem?

Thank you very much. :)

You need to use the uninstaller to delete fsx otherwise the registry entries are still there and the registry thinks that fsx is still on the PC.

So what you need to do is to delete all references to fsx in the registry. Not sure how many there are and be careful not to delete anything accidentally and make a registry backup first.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

You need to use the uninstaller to delete fsx otherwise the registry entries are still there and the registry thinks that fsx is still on the PC.

So what you need to do is to delete all references to fsx in the registry. Not sure how many there are and be careful not to delete anything accidentally and make a registry backup first.

IAN

Where can i find the uninstaller to delete fsx?

I did what they said with the 'Remove/Repair' and i deleted stuff from there of the FSX.

But after that when i tried to install FSX from my disc 1 it says "error you already have X and Y" Options: Try again, Next, Exit, when i clicked Next it did more errors and then rolled back.

When i searched FSX folders on My Computer it didn't let me delete them.

What can i do?...

I did what they said with the 'Remove/Repair' and i deleted stuff from there of the FSX.

But after that when i tried to install FSX from my disc 1 it says "error you already have X and Y" Options: Try again, Next, Exit, when i clicked Next it did more errors and then rolled back.

When i searched FSX folders on My Computer it didn't let me delete them.

What can i do?...

If you are running Windows 7 and had FSX installed to the default location, I wonder if UAC is preventing you from deleting the FSX folders? Google search your errors and go from there.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Start--control panel--add/remove programs.

Find fsx, click uninstall.

Once removed. Download microsoft kb928080 to remove the registry entries. Run it EXACTLY as instructed. Print the instructions that come with it to paper so you have them handy while you do it.

That should probably do.

And what mrzippy says. To remove things from c:\program files (x86) you may have to temporarily switch off UAC. Switching off uac is generally advised against. Do it only if necessary. I never did that myself. Read up on uac.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brief version of kb928080 instructions:

a-download kb928080

b-unzip it

c-put the unzipped files in exactly the right folder, as in instructions

1-start a command prompt as administrator

2-in the command prompt navigate to the folder mentioned in step c

3-in the command prompt run the file, using the exact command that's in the instructions

4-in the command prompt you will see "SUCCESS"

done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Start--control panel--add/remove programs.

Find fsx, click uninstall.

Once removed. Download microsoft kb928080 to remove the registry entries. Run it EXACTLY as instructed. Print the instructions that come with it to paper so you have them handy while you do it.

That should probably do.

And what mrzippy says. To remove things from c:\program files (x86) you may have to temporarily switch off UAC. Switching off uac is generally advised against. Do it only if necessary. I never did that myself. Read up on uac.

Brief version of kb928080 instructions:

a-download kb928080

b-unzip it

c-put the unzipped files in exactly the right folder, as in instructions

1-start a command prompt as administrator

2-in the command prompt navigate to the folder mentioned in step c

3-in the command prompt run the file, using the exact command that's in the instructions

4-in the command prompt you will see "SUCCESS"

done.

Edit:

Hi, i did all the steps now, when i found the file on the C:/ i opened the folder resetldl and it did nothing...

after i went to the cmd i did all the step and it said: "Cleaning up the token store at...

And then: "Failed to delete the token store."

what can i do now?..

I'm not sure you did it correctly.

The folder in which it ends up should be called c:\kb928080

In there are two files, eula.txt and resetsldl.exe (not resetldl like you wrote). You are NOT supposed to run the files by double-clicking, that just won't work.

The file must be run from the command prompt.

I wrote down the full instructions once. I lost all bookmarks, so I couldn't find it earlier, but I'll post the link to the thread, below.

Something that could help:

In case you did follow the instructions correctly, (resetsldl -All, and not what you wrote). You could try again, but this time start the command prompt as administrator. (A 'normal' command prompt may not have permission to make the necessary changes)

So, the exact same instructions, but this time to open the command prompt:

Click 'start'

in the search box type: cmd

it will find: cmd.exe

Right click on: cmd.exe

and select: 'run this program as administrator'.

A command prompt will open that has administrator priviliges and can therefore acces all files.

Then continue with the rest of the instructions.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?279451-How-to-clean-up-the-registry-after-uninstall

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You may not have uninstalled all the folders. If you are in windows 7 click the start button. At search programs and files type in "%appdata%. Exactly like that. You should see a folder come up that says roaming. Open this folder and look for a FSX folder. It may be under Microsoft but It may not. Just look around. If you find a FSX folder and you probably will, it hasn't all been uninstalled. UAC has been off on my computer since I bought it. It rarely is a blessed bit of help anyway. Good luck at getting it sorted. For the future always use a programs uninstaller if it has one. Voice of experience!:o

I'm not sure you did it correctly.

The folder in which it ends up should be called c:\kb928080

In there are two files, eula.txt and resetsldl.exe (not resetldl like you wrote). You are NOT supposed to run the files by double-clicking, that just won't work.

The file must be run from the command prompt.

I wrote down the full instructions once. I lost all bookmarks, so I couldn't find it earlier, but I'll post the link to the thread, below.

Something that could help:

In case you did follow the instructions correctly, (resetsldl -All, and not what you wrote). You could try again, but this time start the command prompt as administrator. (A 'normal' command prompt may not have permission to make the necessary changes)

So, the exact same instructions, but this time to open the command prompt:

Click 'start'

in the search box type: cmd

it will find: cmd.exe

Right click on: cmd.exe

and select: 'run this program as administrator'.

A command prompt will open that has administrator priviliges and can therefore acces all files.

Then continue with the rest of the instructions.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?279451-How-to-clean-up-the-registry-after-uninstall

When i opened the software i clicked on browse and install on desktop but i didn't see any folder with exe. in it...

Step 3 or 4 of the instructions from the last post. This time in more words:

-- The file kb928080 on the desktop.

-- Double click that.

-- A licence agreement pops up.

-- Click agree.

-- Then an unzip window opens automatically.

-- Location to unzip is already selected as FOLDER C:\kb928080. Do NOT change that location.

-- Click ok.

-- The files are now extracted. They are located in folder c:\kb928080 on your computer.

Then do the command prompt thing. (as admin if necessary.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived