iFly 747 released!

SevenFour_Fan

OK, I'm ready to be shot down in flames here - so let's go :rolleyes:

Whenever somebody gets a good idea then everyone follows - big time. For example, here in the UK somebody had the idea of starting up a quick hand car wash business. Now we are, quite literally flooded, with them [pun not necessarily intended]. You can't get away from them - they are everywhere.

So here we are with yet another 747. I wonder why when we already have some good ones? Where are developers imaginations these days? What about creating the new Sukhoi Superjet 100 or the Embraer KC-390, for example?

Anyway, if you really want another B747 then go for the cream of the crop, get the Precision Simulator from Aerowinx and link it with FSX. That surely has to be the 747 sim that beats all sims :)

Dijvid

The iFly 737 works well with the home build guys so I'm guessing that's another reason they made it. Plus for fs9 users it'll be far better then any current 747's available. And arguably it'll, be the same for fsx and p3d users like their 737 product.

And who wants to fly those two obscure aircraft you mentioned? I don't.

OK, I'm ready to be shot down in flames here - so let's go :rolleyes:

Whenever somebody gets a good idea then everyone follows - big time. For example, here in the UK somebody had the idea of starting up a quick hand car wash business. Now we are, quite literally flooded, with them [pun not necessarily intended]. You can't get away from them - they are everywhere.

So here we are with yet another 747. I wonder why when we already have some good ones? Where are developers imaginations these days? What about creating the new Sukhoi Superjet 100 or the Embraer KC-390, for example?

Anyway, if you really want another B747 then go for the cream of the crop, get the Precision Simulator from Aerowinx and link it with FSX. That surely has to be the 747 sim that beats all sims :)

Dijvid

iFly 747 @ $59.95; PS 747 @ $400.00 - you do the math. The aircraft you mention aren't done because vendors would like to make a profit.

DJ

iFly 747 @ $59.95; PS 747 @ $400.00 - you do the math. The aircraft you mention aren't done because vendors would like to make a profit.

DJ

Profit is one thing. $400 for one add-on aircraft is, in my opinion, ridiculous. If I could justify that expense I'd be building a new computer, not adding one more aircraft to my current FS9 hangar.

$400 for one add-on aircraft is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

I think it is a question of "you get what you pay for."

Some time ago now I had the previous version of the Aerowinx 747 for which I paid UK£200. It beat anything else on the market hands down. Trouble was, though, it was so highly accurate and complex that it took eons of time to understand it and I will admit that I probably only ever got to grips with about 10% of the thing.

That was in the days when I had the money to spend before I retired . Now I don't have the money - instead I have more sense than to think I could ever master such a beast!!

Dijvid

I think it is a question of "you get what you pay for."....

I've paid $15-$35 for several payware aircraft and felt they were worth that. But you would be hard pressed to convince me any single add-on aircraft for a ten year old sim is worth, with all respect to its creators, $400. I suspect such appraisals are based on developers' time, not market value.

I've paid $15-$35 for several payware aircraft and felt they were worth that. But you would be hard pressed to convince me any single add-on aircraft for a ten year old sim is worth, with all respect to its creators, $400. I suspect such appraisals are based on developers' time, not market value.

May I put something straight for the record, please? The Aerowinx 747 is not an "add-on aircraft for a ten year old sim." Aerowinx is a stand alone product and is primarily a systems simulator. It has nothing to do with being an addon to either FS9 or FSX although a third party has written software which will enable you to operate it from within FSX so that you can have some eye candy.

The Aerowinx 747 is used by many airlines as an "initial" introduction for pilots to the 747's systems before progressing to a real simulator. If you ignore a very simple problem then the software has the ability to gradually and accurately escalate that problem as will happen in real life. Does the iFly 747 have this capability and is it being used as a serious tool for real life training? I have no idea myself, but it does seem to me that the iFly product is marketed primarily as a game [and a good one as well] whereas the Aerowinx product is a technical tool.

Dijvid

May I put something straight for the record, please? The Aerowinx 747 is not an "add-on aircraft for a ten year old sim." Aerowinx is a stand alone product and is primarily a systems simulator. It has nothing to do with being an addon to either FS9 or FSX although a third party has written software which will enable you to operate it from within FSX so that you can have some eye candy.

The Aerowinx 747 is used by many airlines as an "initial" introduction for pilots to the 747's systems before progressing to a real simulator. If you ignore a very simple problem then the software has the ability to gradually and accurately escalate that problem as will happen in real life. Does the iFly 747 have this capability and is it being used as a serious tool for real life training? I have no idea myself, but it does seem to me that the iFly product is marketed primarily as a game [and a good one as well] whereas the Aerowinx product is a technical tool.

Dijvid

Absolutely correct - HH put an amazing number of hours into the Aerowinx product and for 747 procedure simulation it is the pinnacle of achievement and worth every penny. I still have the original version (which cost a lot less) and still pull it out on occasion just to admire what he did back in those days.

The iFly 747 for FSX and FS9 is not used and not intended for real life training although within its limits it provides a very accurate simulation of the aircraft.

My comment about prices had to do with the intended market. The Aerowinx product is not intended for the FS9/FSX market - the iFly product is.

DJ

• 4 weeks later...
Do anyone know if there might be any plans to include a VC to the Aerowinx simulator?

Also I heard you can use X-Plane for the scenery?

I suggest you look at their website for info and ask your question there. This is, after all, the FS2004 forum and not the Aerowinx one! And an iFly thread as well :confused:

But to answer your question - I cannot imagine they will create a VC for their product as it is a serious systems simulator and not primarily intended for the entertainment market. However, someone else has written software to link it to FSX so that would be a way to get a VC going.

Dijvid

I suggest you look at their website for info and ask your question there. This is, after all, the FS2004 forum and not the Aerowinx one! And an iFly thread as well :confused:

But to answer your question - I cannot imagine they will create a VC for their product as it is a serious systems simulator and not primarily intended for the entertainment market. However, someone else has written software to link it to FSX so that would be a way to get a VC going.

Dijvid

Let's see .... you covered FS2004, Aerowinx, iFly, and FSX ..... good job, mate!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived