DX10 Yay or nay?

Captain Sam.

Try the DirectX 10 preview. See how it performs against DX9. Check framerates, check stability. There will be certain artifacts, but the DirectX 10 'fixer' can address some of the visual artifacts.

However, I am not sure how the Intel 4600 integrated graphics will do with DX10. Try the preview within FSX.

Yay!! I was happy with DX9, fps, everything, but OOMS became my new nightmare, even flying GA around Orbx scenery. So I made the jump a month ago using Steve's painless DX10 Fixer and I am as happy as anything! Monitoring VAS, it is far lower and seems reluctant to drop. Maybe OOMS are gone for good ;)

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

I found dx10 better looking, smoother and I got more FPS. I could also use bloom effectively.

On the minus side, I did find some of my addon airport scenery wouldn't play with DX10 and I never got enough anti-aliasing for me to switch permanently.I'm told that thre is a way to solve the AA problem, but I could never find a solution that worked.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I have been using DX10 with Steve's Fixer for some time now. I have no issues with it. I got rid of sparse grid super sampling for AA within Nvidia Inspector and started using DSR that is available in the latest vid drivers. Does a much better job on AA and resolution for my system.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Archived