Prop Dogs

BillD22

Here are some shots of old Douglas DC 6 and 7 series propliner cargo planes. Most of these planes started out as "Queen of the Sky" front line service passenger liners on international and trans continental routes for big time airlines like United, American, and Pan Am.

Then along came jets.

Props went to feeder routes and second tier airlines. Many finally ended up as lowly "freight dog" conversions flying out of airports and on routes serving Africa, the Caribbean, South and Central America, Alaska, and the Canadian Northwest territories.

Despite being parked on out of the way cargo ramps while the more glamorous NGXs and Airbuses of the world get the glory these hard working and sometimes scruffy looking, dented, and dinged up "dogs" deserve respect and recognition for their many years of faithful service :pilot:

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

p6.jpg

Guest Sascha66

I love the DC-6 and -7. I even have my own VC mod. And I fly it in Buffalo VAirways skin regularly. Will post screenshots later.

My question: Where to get the repaint from the first post:pilot:? I don't have any of them and I would like to change that!

Cheers,

Sascha

I love the DC-6 and -7. I even have my own VC mod. And I fly it in Buffalo VAirways skin regularly. Will post screenshots later.

My question: Where to get the repaint from the first post:pilot:? I don't have any of them and I would like to change that!

Cheers,

Sascha

First off - guys - many thanks for looking and the great comments - much appreciated

Sascha: all of the repaints are available from the various flight sim site libraries - you may have to do some jumping around and scrolling thru files to get them all but a DC6 or DC7 search here on FlightSim and over on Avsim and at Simviation will bring them all up - also the CalClassics site for the basic models

Looking forward to seeing your Buffalo shots:)

Archived