Anyone looking to sell their FSX gold version?

marc32123

It's available on Amazon US for $21.60, on Amazon UK it's "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Is Microsoft walking away from in anticipation of Dovetail's taking over?

Anyway if you buy a second-hand opened one, won't you have activation key problems if it's already registered to the original owners computer?

Not form my experiences. It appears that when Microsoft dropped FSX they also quit tracking activation numbers. With other software I've had to deactivate before I could register again, but not with my FSX Gold.

I've changed FSX computers twice and reformatted a hard drive in the last few months. I was especially concerned about the reformat issue. Having to reformat meant that I couldn't cancel that hard drive out, since it was functionally dead. In each instance I just went online to the Activate Site and punched in the codes on my box. It has always been approved, no question of repeat registration.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I just picked up FSX Gold Edition for $18 Au, yes eighteen, from my local EB store. On sale / special for Christmas. Marked price $39.28. The discs have the same part no's on them as my original FSX Deluxe and Acceleration.

It's worth looking around.

Chris

I think the Microsoft computers are still tracking registrations of the older Deluxe FSX. I have it installed (for years) on an older computer and just built a new machine, tried to install FSX and Acceleration using original DVDs and key numbers, activated online (apparently it was OK) but the sim crashes after a short time. I don't want to uninstall it from the old computer because it will take me a month to rebuild all the add-ons on the new machine. So I think the only option is to buy a new Gold box and start over with a new, clean registration. Trying to move FSX to a new computer does not work.

I think the Microsoft computers are still tracking registrations of the older Deluxe FSX. I have it installed (for years) on an older computer and just built a new machine, tried to install FSX and Acceleration using original DVDs and key numbers, activated online (apparently it was OK) but the sim crashes after a short time. I don't want to uninstall it from the old computer because it will take me a month to rebuild all the add-ons on the new machine. So I think the only option is to buy a new Gold box and start over with a new, clean registration. Trying to move FSX to a new computer does not work.

Whatever your FSX issues are on your new machine, it ISN'T related to the activation code - it's something in your PC that FSX doesn't like. Windows 8.1, perhaps?

If it Activated, that should not be the issue at hand.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events in the source column will be for your CTD.

Highlight them with the mouse and look below.

On the General Tab will be a synopsis of that highlighted/selected event.

Look for the Faulting module name:

There may not be a Faulting module.

If there is, post what it is and mebbe someone can help.

Alternatively search the forum for the Faulting module. Example: uiautomationcore.dll

Faulting module name: unknown

This is tough to troubleshoot.

To start troubleshooting your issue. Rename FSX.cfg{C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX} and when you launch FSX it will build a new one(you will have to redo your basic Graphics settings). Fixed? OK.

Try adding only the Highmem fix to your fsx.cfg-> In the [GRAPHICS] section add this line: HIGHMEMFIX=1

Still have problems? In {C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX} is your scenery.cfg. Rename that. In FSX's main folder is another scenery.cfg. It is a default version, so, Copy that to {C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX} Fixed? OK.

Still have problems? Remove all add-on Aircraft to a backup location.

Sometimes too much slider can cause unknown errors too. Start low, test, change, test. Rinse/Repeat.

It can be a loooong, drawn out, process, so be patient. Good Luck...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived