Are there different version of FSX gold?

marc32123

Correct, there are difference versions of FSX, Standard-Deluxe- and Gold. Gold includes the Acceleration addon and service packs (slightly different from the SP's for the other versions).

Deluxe and Standard will need SP 1 and 2 installed separately

Hi, in my 2-Disc Gold Edition, the 1 says FSX Pro, the other Acceleration.

That does not sound like a genuine Microsoft product.

They never released "FSX Pro".

FSX Gold is 3 discs, 2 for FSX Deluxe and 1 for FSX Acceleration.

Sounds like you fed the pirates, not to mention the fact that FSX deluxe will not fit on one DVD.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

They never released "FSX Pro". (...) Sounds like you fed the pirates, not to mention the fact that FSX deluxe will not fit on one DVD.

Not quite right. but you are correct, there are 3 discs. Although I wasn't aware of it till now, it appears that versions sold in German-speaking countries have "Professional". I just looked around a little - seems that Professional = Deluxe. Getting decently priced English versions of software in Europe (not UK) is not always easy.

source with image: http://www.amazon.de/Flight-Simulator-Professional-Edition-PC/dp/B000H6SY9G

In the box, that I just fished out again: Indeed, 3 discs.

Disc 1: Flight Simulator X, Professional Edition. (most probably identical to Deluxe, but in German)

Disc 2: Flight Simulator X, Professional Edition.

Disc 3: Flight Simulator X, Acceleration Pack.

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Go for Gold..:)

FSX Standard is the original 2006 version,

FSX Deluxe added a few bits

FSX Gold added more bits plus the Acceleration expansion pack-

WIKI- "Flight Simulator X was released in three editions: Standard, Deluxe, and later Gold.

The Deluxe Edition incorporates additional features, including an on-disc software development kit (SDK), three airplanes with theGarmin G1000 Flightdeck, and the ability for the player to act as Air Traffic Control(ATC) for other online users with a radar screen.

Aircraft available in the Deluxe Edition but not in the standard edition include the Augusta Westland AW101,Boeing F/A-18 Hornet, the Grumman G-21A Goose and the P-51D Mustang. The Maule Orion is flyable in the Deluxe edition but as AI aircraft in the standard Edition.

Gold Edition combines the Deluxe Edition and the Acceleration expansion pack into one"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...ht_Simulator_X

Where is the FSX Gold available at? I've found a few copies on Amazon Canada but at over $200 that's a bit crazy.

I think that Microsoft has stopped releasing FSX (all versions) and DoveTail hasn't released theirs yet. The price merely reflects supply and demand.

I think that Microsoft has stopped releasing FSX (all versions) and DoveTail hasn't released theirs yet. The price merely reflects supply and demand.

Yeah, I think what i was getting at is I can get Prepar3D for $200 and it's still supported. I can still find them on eBay for $60 Canadian with shipping for Australia but I'm just a bit leary about actually getting it.

Yeah, I think what i was getting at is I can get Prepar3D for $200 and it's still supported. I can still find them on eBay for $60 Canadian with shipping for Australia but I'm just a bit leary about actually getting it.

Sadly that's a risk with the internet.

Archived