Issue Downloading...

joeyb747

Hi guys. First Time, Long Time here...

I am attempting to download a file, and getting a virus message i have never seen before.

File name: if11pw.zip

Available at: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=30709983

"FS2004 World Airways McDonnell Douglas MD-11 (retro scheme), registration N803DE. Model by iFDG. Repaint by Bryan Hobbs."

Anyone have an idea where I can get a clean version of this file? The texture pack is actually all I am after...

Thanks!

Joey B

Happy Contrails!

Joey B.

What anti-virus program are you using? It's most likely a false positive, as every file in the library is scanned before being made available.

Darrell

Thanks for the reply. I assumed that all files were scanned before being made available, and was surprised to see this warning, as I have never seen this before.

Norton is what I am using. It is 100% up-to-date.

Possibly should I disable Norton, and attempt to download the file again?

Thanks!

Happy Contrails!

Joey B.

Any AV program will have a false positive occasionally, looks like yours wasn't this time (I'd rather investigate a dozen false readings than have one malware slip through). When in doubt, and if the file is smaller than about 30meg, upload it to virustotal.com; they will scan it with around 40 different AV programs and show the results. Two or three triggers I take as a false reading, four to six are suspect, anything over that I delete the file immediately.

In fifteen years on flightsim I've never gotten an infected file, though a few have triggered my AV software.

Any AV program will have a false positive occasionally, looks like yours wasn't this time (I'd rather investigate a dozen false readings than have one malware slip through). When in doubt, and if the file is smaller than about 30meg, upload it to virustotal.com; they will scan it with around 40 different AV programs and show the results. Two or three triggers I take as a false reading, four to six are suspect, anything over that I delete the file immediately.

In fifteen years on flightsim I've never gotten an infected file, though a few have triggered my AV software.

Thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind!

Happy Contrails!

Joey B.

Archived