my nice new pc wont start.

Hello I recently purchased a new HP pavilion PC .

Windows 8.1

It had been a revalation and a joy to use.

I only use it for FS9.

I haven't done anything or added anything in the way of programs etc.

I went to turn it on for a much needed sim session ,and it won't start.

I thought I had seen the back of all this sort of thing with the departure of my old PC.

I am baffled.

This is what's occurring.

A message an error has occurred and we need to restart your PC .

It then doesn't restart ,but produces a message 'preparing automatic repair'

But that doesn't seem to work either.

It then says it needs to do a system restore ,but that also achieves nothing.

The last message was something about automatic hard disc errors need repairing and this might take up to an hour .

At the moment the PC is again displaying the 'Preparing automatic repair message'

And that is as far as I can get.

Does anybody have any idea what has occurred here.

Cheers exasperated

Andy

Update!!!!

A new shiny message

'Scanning and repairing drive© 6% complete (at this time)

Even!!if this works why has a new PC pretty much empty of all bar fs9 and default stuff (not even an email account)suddenly decided to behave in this manor.

Malware ,virus anything like that ?

I always have a virus( avast)prog running as well as the usual firewalls etcetc even when simming as Ilike to use Airsource live map.

Anyways

PCs still have some way to go before they leave the kingdom of geekdom and just WORK! Like Telly's radios etc

Annoyed !not simming just watching my PC going round in circles producing the same error messages but not starting

Anyways

Andy

Could be a bad hard drive. Or a loose hard drive cable. If you know what make of drive it is, like WD or Seagate, go to the respective company's site and download their diagnostic program. They usually have a version that can be run from a USB stick, CD or maybe even floppy if Windows can't load.

Could be a bad hard drive. Or a loose hard drive cable. If you know what make of drive it is, like WD or Seagate, go to the respective company's site and download their diagnostic program. They usually have a version that can be run from a USB stick, CD or maybe even floppy if Windows can't load.

Hello

I managed more by luck to get some sort diagnostics menu (I am no tech man ,and iI damm shouldn't have to be on a PC that's only two months old)I ran the first test and it did seem to point to a fault in one of the memory sticks .

I have tried a reset to factory settings but that doesn't work either .

Just the endless circle of error messages.

I have my receipt of purchase ,but some shops can be notorious for NOT helping the customer.

I would like a replacement ,but they will probably offer a repair.

Even if they DO replace it I will have to start the whole tedious business of getting FS back and running again (although I do have a backed up copy)

Doesn't anybody produce anything of quality anymore?

Anyways cheers

Andy

Hello

New PC in for repair.Not impressed.

However if fixed correctly (possibly a memory problem if W8 diagnostics is correct)would be better than replacement as I won't have rein everything.

Unfortunately I have had dig out my old PC to get my sim fix.It ain't a joyful experience .Have to turn it on at three and its ready to use at six.Its THAT slow.

Cheers Socks

Hate it for you. Had similar circumstances not too many months ago. One of my Raptor hard drives had a bunch of bad sectors. Never could get it to boot to desk top. At any rate, I replaced all drives. It is certainly a pain to re-do everything, so I feel your frustration.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Hey.

It could be as simple as a bad memory modul. Try taking out 1 modul at a time, then start up, see what happens. Try to replace the modul with a brand new one. Then start up, if it not start up normally, try to swap the other modul ( depends how many you have )

H.H.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4450194567.png

Asus Z170-A-1151 - intel i7-6700K@4GHz - Asus ROG NVidia GTX 1050 TI Strix 4GB - 32GB HyperX DDR4@2400 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H80i v2 Watercooling

Hey.

It could be as simple as a bad memory modul. Try taking out 1 modul at a time, then start up, see what happens. Try to replace the modul with a brand new one. Then start up, if it not start up normally, try to swap the other modul ( depends how many you have )

H.H.

Thanks Harold

I did actually try that, but I still could not get liftoff.

The PC has now been sent for repair, which is so disappointing on a machine that is only two months old,and is only used for flightsim(so hardly stressed by use)

I have had to get my old xp machine up and running again ,but it is so slow and fs performance poor ,that it not very enjoyable,plus this old PC has weird sound anomalies as well ,strange distortions and suchlike. (Which is why a bought the new one in the first place)

The new PC is a HP Pavilion 500-326,hardly a gaming machine ,however the increase in performance of FS9 was wonderful really great ,but for only two months before it went phut and now requires surgery.

I sincerely hope it is only a faulty memory stick.

The diagnostics programming that comes with w8 'seemed' to point to point to a failed memory module,Ddrive passed test .

I know as far as computers are concerned that may not mean anything though.

Anyways repair is supposed to complete in eight to ten days and I am tracking it on-line.

Still disappointed though ,a new PC and phuto!

Thanks all for encouraging words.

Andy

Archived