QualityWings 757

alexzar14

I don't know about CLS, but I find the QW 757 to be a good plane with the FMC etc and a pleasure to fly in FSX plus there are many liveries available.. al v and to me it is not "light" whatever that means...

In this case I believe "light" is a control+E engine start type of a/c, with not every system modeled.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

In this case I believe "light" is a control+E engine start type of a/c, with not every system modeled.

Correct. Another equivalent of PMDG was the Level-D 767, Wilco 737-300/400 etc, where you load your FMC data page by page.

CLS looks good, I just want to know how extensive it is.

I had a big pause in this hobby, coming back from a 3 or 4-year break, I see many new products...

I would suggest you go to both the QW and CS forums and see what users are saying. I have both the QW and CS planes and although I like the CS ones as well, I haven't flown them since I got the QW 757, I am simply in love with it so I am a bit biased :-)

QW 757 is far less 'in depth' than, say, the PMDG 737 NGX(or any PMDG product for that matter), and by a long shot too. But that's actually not a bad thing, if you like flying spontaneously. I own both QW offerings (146 and 757) and the whole PMDG fleet. Coming home at night and provided I have the energy left, I choose QW. PMDG is for the weekends. CS I only own the classic liners, as there are less systems to be modeled to begin with - and CS is known to put emphasis rather on appearance.

I'm guessing the QW compares to Just Flight's Freemium 757, in that you can use a scaled down startup procedure or just hit ctrl+E.

However, I'm intrigued by QW's version, because of the price and the variety of aircraft and liveries you get.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

QW 757 is far less 'in depth' than, say, the PMDG 737 NGX(or any PMDG product for that matter), and by a long shot too. But that's actually not a bad thing, if you like flying spontaneously. I own both QW offerings (146 and 757) and the whole PMDG fleet. Coming home at night and provided I have the energy left, I choose QW. PMDG is for the weekends. CS I only own the classic liners, as there are less systems to be modeled to begin with - and CS is known to put emphasis rather on appearance.

Thanks. I believe QW won't be my thing, I'll stay with Level-D 767.

Remember guys the Ready for Pushback 747? That was a timely start... Glass cockpit airplanes nowhere difficult to start (wonder how this can be made any easier), most work goes into programming of FMC and monitoring the progress, which is fun too of course.

You might want to go to the QW website and download the 757 manual (free) before making a final decision... it's a lot more involved plane than some are saying, not to mention that since it's now 1/2 price you get a hell of a lot of planes for the money! Passenger, freighter, military, 200 and 300 versions, FS9, FSX, and P3D, HD and standard repaints plus airline specific safety announcements, the list goes on

I really like the JustFlight Freemium 757, but I would say it is not in the same class as the QW 757. The QW has a full featured FMS, and does VNAV, FLCH, CATIII Autoland, Thrust-rating panel, etc., and is quite complex. It is an inbetweener. For 25 bucks, just get it and I bet you will fall in love with it.

It has many variants, loads of detail, GREAT sound, and it hand flies beautifully as well.

I checked the manual, it look great.

I also checked the manual for the Captainsim 767, systems and FMS, it looks like a typical software by known companies. (I wonder in what way it is inferior to Level-D 767).

Two Captainsim classics will be a must beyond questions asked: a Tristar and a 737-200. Apparently it is a good stuff (assumingly well superior to CLS DC-10/747, a freeware-like level of complexity), yet the Captainsim's "glass" airplanes are told to be simplistic.

My PC parts are underway and so is an FSX cd (don't have even that), meanwhile I have nothing to do but wait and talk a little bit about the FSX goods.

Question about the livery installer: I'm trying to install a Delta paint into a 757-300 with a Pratt engine, and into the plane with the Rolls Royce engine. I can only do one or the other; not both. Is this normal?

Are these the repaints from the QW website? All those should install separately, be sure you have the ones for the 757 not the RJ

Yes and yes. I installed a Delta livery and that went automatic. But, I want to try to install that same livery into another plane, but I get the message "This livery is already installed" and the rest of my planes remain in the QW house liveries.

There are 6 Delta repaints for the 200 and only one for the 300, what specific repaint are you having a problem with? You cant "install that same livery into another plane", you have to install each seperatly

Ok, I didn't know the 300 only had one. But I wanted the 300 (all variants) to have the livery. How do I do that?

You may also be interested to know that the QW 757 handles pretty much like a real 757. It's overall systems setup is to the real thing like the stock FSX G-1000 compares to the actual Garmin product - looks very much like and works very much like "insofar as it goes". The systems on the 757 are modeled fairly well - actually one might say quite well for normal operations. There is virtually no modeling of abnormal operations; for example, if you idle the throttles on takeoff with the autobrakes armed you do not switch to RTO mode and stop on a dime! The nav radios are set up differently than the real thing as well - the ILS panel on the pedestal does not control the ILS receivers like it does on the real airplane, but rather the #2 VOR, and the only place you will see the display of the #2 VOR is on the double needle of the RMDI provided you have the #2 needle selected to VOR rather than ADF

Likewise the FMC, while fairly complete, does not have all of the functions of a real FMC duplicated; but it does have enough functionality that you can use it just as you would the real thing for normal navigation.

Truthfully, these differences would only be obvious to someone who has flown the real thing or invested a great deal of time with the LDS 767. If you don't fall into either of those camps, you will never notice.

On the other hand, if you actually want to get to the point where you could help out in the real airplane if both pilots ate the fish, I would recommend the LDS 767 (for the 767), or the various advanced 777's and 737's (PMDG comes to mind but there are others). Just be prepared to go to a real airline ground school to learn the thing!

Tony Vallillo

You can only install what it available. Have you checked the available libraries (here and Avsim) to see if anyone has done a repaint you want? Otherwise you can go to the QW forums and see if someone will do a repaint for you.

Not sure if I'm clear. They have the repaint I want. I installed it into a 757-300 no problem. Now, I want that same repaint into the other variants of the -300. (They have a Rolls Royce and a Pratt & Whitney engines version). However, when I select said aircraft and install the repaint, it states I already have it installed.

The only workaround I've found thus far is uninstalling the repaint and reinstalling it into my aircraft of choice. Kind of a pain, if you ask me. It should've been one repaint for ALL variants of aircraft choice.

How am I supposed to know what repaint goes to which aircraft, when all it says is "757-300 Delta"?

How am I supposed to know what repaint goes to which aircraft, when all it says is "757-300 Delta"?

I would ask in their forum, I have never heard of anyone trying what you want.

Ok, I did what you suggested, and their answer was "Delta doesn't use RR engines; only Pratt ones. It will only install there, there are no textures for the RR variant."

So that's what happened. Thanks for your help in this matter, PPSFA! Have a good one..

Archived