FSX or FS 2004 on a 2010 Intel I7 860/Geforce GT230/8mb Ram system?

reimorei

After 10 years away from MS Flight simulator (last was FS98) I wanna come back to use it again, but for now I wanna stick with my 2010 HP Pavilion Elite HPE-150f Desktop that is:

-Intel core I7 860

-Nvidia Geforce GT 230 1.5gb video card

-8 gb PC3-10600 MB/sec (message as PC3-8500) RAM memory

-1TB sata 7200rpm hard drive

For now I don´t care too much about scenery graphics but would like to have a good cockpit/panel graphics to practice IFR aproaches and if possible use a glass cockpit.

Can I have a satisfactory result with FSX or I´d better run FS 2004 for now with my system?

I need to decide before I buy the FSX or the FS 2004

With your CPU I'd recommend FS2004. FS is heavily CPU dependent and a 2.8Ghz just isn't enough for FSX. I'm not sure about the glass cockpit but you can do everything IFR in FS2004 that you can do with FSX. Plus, the framerate will be so much better.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I run on an HP a4310f -- Athlon II X2 250, dual-core, 3.0 GHz; 4GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit; onboard graphics adapter.

This is not a hot machine by any stretch, but it runs stock FS X just fine. I'm sure I could kill it if I added a lot of high-end scenery, turned up the scenery complexity, etc., but I don't.

I have a CH Products Flight Sim yoke and Saitek Cessna pedals. Used this setup to get my private license last year and am working toward my instrument rating. It serves my training needs, but would not suffice for high-realism sim'ing.

Like with a real plane, what you need depends on your mission. :-)

Archived