Fsx crashes help please

Daniel Heaton

I'm sure everyone is bored of threads regarding fsx crashing however I still need help.

Unlike many other threads I've seen I get no errors or failures in the Event Log, I'm running I7 4770k core at 3.6ghz so I don't think performance is the issue. Sometimes it just shuts down other times it says "A fatal error has occurred" I've got AN ulautomationcore.dll file and I use vatsim and squawkbox. I've been using this computer for some time now and it has only started failing recently, could it be scenery I've recently downloaded (UK2000 EGLL, EGKK, EGPF), but it fails at any time, most of the time at high altitudes with high fps and no scenery nearby. Finally I joined BAV recently could it be the phoenix flight tracking system that runs alongside FSX?

Please Help me its driving me insane, Thank-you

A ulautomationcore.dll error will show up in the Event log. So...Not that.

Unfortunately, troubleshooting a shutdown without warning, or, "A fatal error has occurred" is difficult at best. It takes a ton of time and lots of grief back tracking and removing add-ons. That is the only way, that I'm aware of, to find those kinds of problems.

Back-up(rename to; fsx.cfg.bak) or relocate your fsx.cfg {C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX}

Launch FSX. The sim will build a new one

Back-up(rename to; scenery.cfg.bak) or relocate your scenery.cfg {C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX}. Don't just delete it. Grab a copy of the one in your main FSX folder and put it there {C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX}.

That should return your scenery to default status.

Traffic(AI) can also cause inexplicable CTDs. Turn it off. All of it.

Keep removing add-ons, most recent first, until you drill down to the culprit.

Once it's found and isolated, you can generally re-enable everything else.

Good Luck...Don

!! Hi Wim !!

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

There are many causes of FSX CDT. One I discovered some time ago has to do with Internet Explorer 10 and a related kb patch. details are in this post

http://www.askwoody.com/2013/msdefcon-4-patched-install-10-kb-2670838/

In brief, if you have IE10 or IE11,you should remove them and the associated kb2670838. Believe me, I am not a techie, but I was able to do this. You need to go into your add/remove programs list. Over to the left click on View Installed Updates. A list will be built. Look for the above mentioned KB. If you do not have it, obviously there is another reason for your CDT. But, if you find it, go through the remove process. Reboot your computer and you should be fine. Obviously, if you have been using the IE 10 or 11 web browser, you should download and install another such as Firefox or Chrome. Good luck. this worked fine for me. I hope it helps you.

Sherm

Archived