Can't start fs2004 after reload

budfay

Been using fs2004 for years. Computer uses windows 7, with good video card, plenty of memory, ran fs2004 without problems.

Uninstalled fs 2004, and reinstalled it. I get start up screen(dc3)er 3 seconds or so get pop upbox saying "Windows has found a problem with this program, will close the program and notify you if there is a solution".

Uninstalled again, reloaded and got same result. Uninstalled a 3rd time, and reinstalled using another set of fs2004 discs. Same result.

How do I determine "what it is that's windows is seeing that's causing this? thank you

Did you completely remove FS9? All files from "My Documents", all registry entries? Did you install outside "Program Files"? Did you try XP compatibility mode? (FS9 predates Vista/W7 by several years.)

Also, check the windows event viewer for any clues.

Have you checked that your AV is not deleting some FS9 files ? Win 7 is not the issue, I am just in the process of doing an FS9 re-install on win7 64 bit.

Nothing to do with your problem, but dont forget the FS9.1 update when you do sort out this issue.

Noth

Archived