Nightmare FS2004 Problem

mejjo1989

Hi there all,

I'm having this texture issue at night time on FS2004, I usually only notice it when its dark, It seems like the textures on scenery have a black square there. Its quite hard to explain to i have attached a picture with this post.

Its very noticable when flying over water, if i look down from the aircraft i just see a black square.

Does anyone know how i can fix this? Thank you!Untitled.png

I fixed the pic so we could see what you are talking about. But as for the 'black square' in the scenery, I really don't see the problem. It IS due to being zoomed out to 1,000 miles high and FS9 doesn't 'see' why it should be loading any scenery-you can't see it anyway, so it puts a square (ie: a 'place holder') until you get closer to the ground (where the scenery is). What happens when you zoom in so you are not zoomed out so much? This is not 'World' view, but 'top down' view, right? Here is a color corrected pic of your 'problem'.

Chuck B

Napamule

Square in FS9 Scenery.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I fixed the pic so we could see what you are talking about. But as for the 'black square' in the scenery, I really don't see the problem. It IS due to being zoomed out to 1,000 miles high and FS9 doesn't 'see' why it should be loading any scenery-you can't see it anyway, so it puts a square (ie: a 'place holder') until you get closer to the ground (where the scenery is). What happens when you zoom in so you are not zoomed out so much? This is not 'World' view, but 'top down' view, right? Here is a color corrected pic of your 'problem'.

Chuck B

Napamule

Hi there, Thank you for your reply.

The problem doesn't just show when looking down in the top down view, Even when in spot, or just looking to the right out of the aircraft the black square shows, It is notiable in daylight sim time also, But you can't make it out as much. At night you can very clearly see something wrong and does indeed some like a missing texture problem. But then again im not sure.

Hi there,

Do you know what default files you needed to repalce to fix this problem, I would love to fix it.

Thank you.

Strange.... Black Square hmmmm I know about Blocky Landclass Isuues For Example IF there are missing HP-BGL'S for that area this will cause Landclass Issues tell me wich airport this is and ill give you the names of the files for this Area.

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

In my case it was the entire coastline of Australia that looked like that; I extracted the base Australia files from the CD to my FS9 install and things were back to normal (I assume some errant scenery installer had deleted these files).

If you are experiencing this worldwide, not just one area, it is possibly a water texture issue... for which I can offer no solution. I've lived with this for years:

_water2.jpg

It is intermittent, often appearing and disappearing within one flight, and the "pattern" will shift as I pan the view around; it isn't dependent on time of day, time of year, location, altitude, or texture files used; I have tried every proposed solution, to no avail.

Missing HP BGL'S files will cause the coastline to look Blocky (FS9 landclass is made up of Tiles) If there is a Missing HP BGL this will cause your coastline to appear as Squared Edges. I can find the names of the HP Files covering your Area just give me the location and i will Find the names and post them here ;-)

Now if you do have Ultimate Terrain than those files may have been replaced by Ultimate Terrain in this Case UT usually makes a Backup of the Original Files. If UT Terrain was installed it will Place its own HP and HL BGL'S to Reshape the Coast line and Shorelines to match if this as removed then you may have to Re-install UT terrain or find the files and see if they were Renamed

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

That is exactly how mine looks during the daytime! However mine isn't just a particular area, its anywhere on the Globe.

I'm not sure what to do, Are there default water textures on the FS2004 cd's that i could copy over into FS2004 Textures? Other than doing that i'm at a loose end.

• 2 years later...

I apologize for bumping into this thread as I have been searching for answers for that issue as well very long ago and to not open another thread.

Anyway I'm having the same problem, if that is a problem. Wherever I am in the sim the square is present. I don't know if this has something to do with system specs but doesn't look so to me as I have tried FS2004 on 3 different machines with zero addons and it was still there. Is there a fix for it please? Here's a clear screenshot around 30,000+ feet followed with a youtube video...

fs9w1.jpg

Now the following videos look to be on high altitude and don't have the square which is weird he is using FS2004 too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RdRVjiT3bQ

Archived