How to stop the terrain texture from changing season?

Charlie Tsai

Hello.

The winter & fall textures make everywhere look like desert. IMO that looks pretty bad...

I'm wondering if there are any ways to stop from changing textures?

I try to edit terrain & scenery.cfg files, but I hardly understand those scripts.

Thanks in advance. :)

That would be my answer as well. I remember in the early days of FFSX, this was an issue, but it hasn't been brought up in a long time. Most modern computers have no trouble rendering the textures. Winter and fall both look just fine on my five year old system.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Press the ALT key to bring up the menu bar at the top of the screen. Click on World. Click on Time and Season. Select the season and/or the time of day that you want to use.

Bruce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

Hi Charlie and everyone.

In addition to what Bruce, and others said, you can / should, go in Menu >Options>General and UnCheck / remove, the Use System Time for Free Flight, to start your next saved flight at the same time you saved it.

If you like flying at a certain time of day, i.e. in US Aug. 15, 19:20 you can use "FSTimeStay" utility to keep the same time. TV

Archived